• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Dave_Schuldt

Non smoking Pub club

I would like to have a non smoking Pub Club one a month or so. Jules, minx and others speek up. If enough of us speak up, it will happen. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

I second the motion for a non-smoking pub club once a month. Not trying to judge you smokers out there (many of you are my friends), I'm just quite allergic to cigarette smoke (and quite dislike having to air out my clothes afterwards—impossible to conceal from my wife where I’ve been). I’d be more often inclined to attend, but for the smokiness of most of the bars chosen for pub club. And, I know that most (smokers) won’t understand this, but to many non-smoker, even a bar that is considered “not too smoky” is still too smoky for us.

Thanks!

bigdrink.gif

Iceguy say: "Not trying to judge you smokers out there (many of you are my friends)"

Dude...get off the fence, man. Smoking sucks. If smokers could keep it to themselves, it would be their own choice if they want to infest themselves with cancer. But when they inflict me with their personal poison, recycled through their own vile lungs and then spewed into the atmosphere in a closed environment....it's more than unreasonable. Plus, THEY make MY clothes, hair and whatever else might be lying around smell wretched. The folks in California were enlightened when they banned smoking from bars and restaurants.

WHO NEEDS DANG SECOND-HAND CANCER-FUMES???

cancer%20related%20to%20smoking.JPG

smoking_deaths.gif

Edited by Dwayner

I haven't attended yet, but would definately consider if there were a non-smoking pub club. I don't know most of you, but would like to increase my number of climbing contacts. I agree and think it's a great idea!

So now I see the real reason Dave left Pub Club early. moon.gif

Like I said at Pub Club. The only bars that are non smoking in this state are run by prudes. Prudes don't like smoking, and they don't like climbers.

I don't like smoking, but smoking bars beat the alternative.

Yeah man! smoking=climbing !!!

Am I right!! Am I right!!!!

Dwayner, the smoker made your clothes smell better. Smoker's live for that smell. They LIKE it!!!! So anyway, I don't think you're gonna sway many smokers with that one and all...

Dave Shuldt, You suck! Leaving Uncle Tricky out there on the curb to smoke. Breaks my freakin' heart!! madgo_ron.gif You wanna send UT out in the cold once a month. Have some consideration.

The last nonsmoking bar we went to, the Blue Star, sucked.

The service was lame, and we got cut off.

You aren't going to a bar for your health.

well no guarantees that i'd show as i'm totally unreliable but i'm more likely to go to a non-smoking pub-club. i hate hacking like a 70 yr old after a night in a bar. not that i won't do it...just that i hate it

you can not smoke in any bar or restraunt in all of eugene. whay it has done is kill a lot of smaller places. I think it is sad frown.gif

Dwayner, I can tell by studying your cancer incidence chart that men have a lot of catching up to do with the women when it comes to cervical cancer. wink.gif Also, women have made great strides in catching up to men in the lung cancer category. Thank Virginia Slims.

Smoking officially banned in all bars and restaurants in bc but not enforced very well in some small towns etc.

i like it though.

I would be more likely to attend if p.c. were at a non-smoking venue, but since my attendance is quite sporadic, I don't think I should assist in making the call. Esp after the last time.

Of course, it's sporadic partly due to not wanting to inhale a bunch of 2nd hand smoke. grin.gif

How has the Latona worked for you'all in the past? They've got a great little balcony they can banish us to if we get too rowdy.

Fiddlers Inn and the Hop Vine seem to be viable options, too.

you can not smoke in any bar or restraunt in all of eugene. whay it has done is kill a lot of smaller places. I think it is sad frown.gif

Muffy, you know I love you, but that has got to be one of the dumbest f-ing things you've ever posted. Please! madgo_ron.gif

From the Pacific Research Institute in Eugene:

"Corvallis, Oregon: A July 1998 smoking ban in Corvallis bars did not harm business, concluded a study conducted by the Pacific Research Institute in Eugene. Sales data was collected from September 1997 through September 1999 and compared to data collected in nearby communities where similar smokefree laws were not in place. Researchers concluded that smokers did not abandon Corvallis bars and restaurants, and that revenues from the non-smoking majority replaced any loss of business from smokers. Furthermore, Corvallis showed no decline in malt beverage sales relative to surrounding communities. (Dresser, Boles, Lichtenstein and Strycker, 'Multiple Impacts of a Bar Smoking Prohibition Ordinance in Corvallis, Oregon.' Pacific Research Institute, Eugene Oregon. n.d.)"

How about a pub club at Redhook, or Pyramid - both are non-smoking, both have great beer (at least I think so), and both places (especially Pyramid), have good food.

Edited by iceguy

Buncha pussies

Hey Trask, aren’t you the insurance guy? The actuaries you’ve got working for you seem to find a correlation between smoking and inclement health--aren't health and life premiums for smokers higher than for otherwise fit non-smokers? If I’m a pussy for not enjoying secondhand smoke, then so be it! bigdrink.gif