• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Dave_Schuldt

Non smoking Pub club

At the risk of making a painfully obvious statement, not all bars that allow smoking are especially smoky.

Can't we just toss around some places we have been and then perhaps ix-nay the really smoky ones? Or are you all just so bored that you are arguing about this for the sake of it?

Here's a bunch of places that come to mind that we have had Pub Club in the last year:

Swiss, E9, Nickerson, Owl/Thistle, Fiddlers, Alki, Latona, Teddys, Ballard Alehouse, Blue Star, Duchess, Big Time, Sausage Place on The Ave, Dex/Hayes, Ballroom, Al's, E'lk Zoo, Spar, place in strip mall in Totem Lake, Lockspot, ?Sloop?

Which places were good, and which places were bad? Which places were "too smoky"? Which places did I forget?

I liked the Ballard Alehouse Yep.

I hated the Blue Moon or whatever that sorry ass joint was 2 weeks ago.

Maybe we should ban all votes from people giving shitty locations shocked.gif

Place in Totem Lake was ghetto but kinda cool.

Nice one, Dwayner! Keep writing like that and you can be in the "in crowd!" It might be time for a Tacoma event one of these days.

Allison - Of course most of this is argument is just for argument's sake. Half of the time, that's why you post.

Ray - That was the Blue Star. The Blue Moon is in U. Dist, and by your standards might be too full of dirty hippies (at least on Grateful Dead night) but it is an OK place, though crowed and with small tables. The strip mall in Totem Lake? I remember some place in Redmond...

Not that I attend and have any business giving an opinion here, but I will take this opportunity to point out that Redmond may possibly be the most boring place on earth.

What about the Harmon in T-town? Great beer, good food, and supports the climbing and skiing community and has pictures of Mtns on the walls.

Edited by roger_johnson

This is a PM I got.

I am very happy with my life, it is yours that makes me mad! I will continue until you are a two-pack a day addict, with a 38 year old ex stripper for a wife with a totally gnarly whiskey voice. At home will be a bunch of kids depending on you to pay all the bills, which you do, too bad none of them are yours! While you are slaving away, your wife will be having a bunch of affairs with Dan Larson, Caveman, and To The Top. Your life will be sad and pitiful. Aidain (from Tacoma) will be happily married to Jules, Veronica, and Ehmic. All four of them will enjoy each other sexually every night. You will never have sex cause your wife will be too drunk and exhausted to put out. Your only escape will be a smokey bar near your apartment in South Park, where you will eventually impregnate the slutty waitress. Your wife will leave you, and you will have lots of child support payments, alimony, as well as palimaony to the slutty waitress.

So sad, yet you deserve it.

Alpine K is that from one of your avatars

This is a PM I got.

I am very happy with my life, it is yours that makes me mad! I will continue until you are a two-pack a day addict, with a 38 year old ex stripper for a wife with a totally gnarly whiskey voice. At home will be a bunch of kids depending on you to pay all the bills, which you do, too bad none of them are yours! While you are slaving away, your wife will be having a bunch of affairs with Dan Larson, Caveman, and To The Top. Your life will be sad and pitiful. Aidain (from Tacoma) will be happily married to Jules, Veronica, and Ehmic. All four of them will enjoy each other sexually every night. You will never have sex cause your wife will be too drunk and exhausted to put out. Your only escape will be a smokey bar near your apartment in South Park, where you will eventually impregnate the slutty waitress. Your wife will leave you, and you will have lots of child support payments, alimony, as well as palimaony to the slutty waitress.

So sad, yet you deserve it.

Alpine K is that from one of your avatars

That just made my day bigdrink.gif

Cool, Dave. You actually pissed someone off. I'd be proud if someone sent me such hatefilled mail.

Uh, who's Aidain (from Tacoma)....and who on earth is Veronica?

And whoever wrote that thing, man, sharpen up your wit! That's PATHETIC!

Uh, who's Aidain (from Tacoma)....and who on earth is Veronica?

And whoever wrote that thing, man, sharpen up your wit! That's PATHETIC!

Allison are you and Dave doin the nasty shocked.gif? Shame on you two. On those comments - whomever sent that please send me a pm so I can personally congratulate you. bigdrink.gif I might even buy ya a six pack of schmidt's ice cantfocus.gif

Non-smoking bar sounds good! Make it non-alchohol and I'm almost there. How about that Jive Juice and Oxygen bar in Auburn?

Rich

I think that we have to consider that Allison herself wrote the PM to Dave, and is now in a campaign of disinformation to falsely appear innocent. While she often tries to appear above it all, her avatar Poptart, and her dialoge under another name with Scott'teryx on Summitpost last year both got down and dirty. Both were crudely sexual and nasty.

We know that Allison is against non-smoking Pub Clubs, and what a better way to get under Daves skin. She then attempts to point fingers in other directions.

Allison, you should be ashamed of yourself!

------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------

AH HA!!! I figured out a way around a locked thread!!! Allison, your reply was nicely obfusicatory, but surely didn't deny that you wrote that PM to Dave. You still should be ashamed of yourself!

Edited by crazyjz

I think that we have to consider that Allison herself wrote the PM to Dave, and is now in a campaign of disinformation to falsely appear innocent. While she often tries to appear above it all, her avatar Poptart, and her dialoge under another name with Scott'teryx on Summitpost last year both got down and dirty. Both were crudely sexual and nasty.

We know that Allison is against non-smoking Pub Clubs, and what a better way to get under Daves skin. She then attempts to point fingers in other directions.

Allison, you should be ashamed of yourself!

I can follow that logic.

Seriously, you people lack imagination.

Any time I say anything remotely controversial, the response is that I must be doing the nasty with so-and-so. How dull.