Moderate volcano/easy alpine partner

jakedouglas

I have slogged up the easiest routes on most of the volcanos several times each and have a little winter alpine climbing experience. Also got some ice experience in Hyalite this winter. Would like to step it up this year and try to knock out DC in one push, Kautz to DC carryover, Baker NR, maybe Shuksan. I ski so that could be involved to some degree. Also interested in other easier snow climbs, e.g. Lane Peak or Stuart Range couloirs. Can progress to rock as summer goes on.

Looking for someone with a similar level of experience who is going to be available with enough consistency to hit the nice weather windows and get stuff done. Safe, understand the importance of fitness and light weight gear. Can ski to Muir in < 2:30, easy pace is ~3:30, shooting for an overnight pack weight around 30 lbs this year. I tie knots in the rope (>30m) for 2 person glacier travel, carry just enough stuff to spend an unexpected night out, serious about getting stuff done but don't have summit fever either.

If this sounds like your style hit me up.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic