Aim for the bottle

plexus

The other weekend while backpacking with my girlfriend by Gobbler's Knob near Mt Rainier, we struck an interesting topic.

Told her about when a friend climbed McKinley, he was stuck in the tent for just three days (which was pretty good for the bad weather it had that year). Of course that led to the discussion about relieving yourself while tentbound by whiteout conditions, high winds, blizzard, etc.

For a guy it's not that difficult. But what do girls do? Bring a funnel? Have great aim? Wide-mouth nalgene? I couldn't answer the question.

Not really an important topic, but just one of those random thoughts that I'm sure Caveman and Dru will lend their delectable style of humor to.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a team of 3 women who climbed Denali together. One brought the lady J, the other two felt it was unnecessary. By the end of the trip they were all SHARING the one lady j. However, peeing in a tent is 573 times easier then trying to pee on the wall. At least if you care about trying not to pee on the route. I found it pretty tough and definitely got envious of my male climbing partner who didn't have to worry about logistics.

I didn't think there were critters in your pee??? They used urine to sterilize and wash out wounds in the first world war because it is sterile!

I thought pee smelled because of the chemicals and hormones in it?

Mahatma Gandhi drank a glass of his own urine every day for 43 years.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

You can fill up your cup in the urinal at the local gas station sick boy
tongue.gif

I don't like the soggy smoke butts in the stuff you can get in the urinal.

Mountain goats drink pee and look at how hard they climb. must be a natural performance enhancer!

My wife is impressively adept at peeing in a wide mouth Nalgene, in her sleeping bag, without any asstive devices, and without spilling a drop! Took some practice.

Once did Triple Couloirs on Dragontail with a female friend of mine. While walking off the backside she said she needed to take a leak, so she turned her back to me, unzipped and arced a stream that stunned me. She was using a Lady J, also impressive.

By the way;

Fun Facts about Pee: human urine is only "sterile" in the sense that it has not been contaminated by anything outside of the body. It is, however, chock full of bacteria and other goodies. I worked in a lab, spent way too many nights doing urine cultures. I've met several people who drink their own urine for medicinal purposes, I doubt they would do so if they saw what it will grow in a petri dish. There is a reason why your body filters that stuff out and excretes it from your body. You can distill it though,in a pinch, to prevent dying of thirst.

"Peeing"

"Pee-on"

• 1 year later...