Looking for climbing families.

needtoclimb

My wife and I climb, ski, hike, backpack and alpine climb. We have a three year old girl and five year old boy. I have found that kids enjoy hiking/climbing, etc so much more when there is someone else their age with them.

I am looking for outdoorsy families to get out and play.

If interested, shoot me an e-mail at kevin@tcd.org

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Everett. Shoot me a PM or e-mail. We often go to Exit 38, hike anywhere, and ski Stevens.

My view of hiking is to make it fun for the kids, so in a couple more years they want to hike, and we can do week-long hikes as a family. If I can get one of my kids to really get into climbing, I'll have a rope gun as I get older!

Backpacking trips are short (2-3 miles) to a lake or river. Wife and I carry monster packs, kids carry a water bladder pack. Its about getting them interested into the outdoors.

Edited by needtoclimb

We found another great climbing family using this site and often get out with them, but our plans and weekends don't always line up so my plan is to get a handful of climbing/hiking families and make an informal group where any of us can contact anyone else to set something up.