[TR] Spring Mountain - Other Side of the Tracks, Trophy Wife 4/2/2016

Apdavids

Trip: Spring Mountain - Other Side of the Tracks, Trophy Wife

Date: 4/2/2016

Trip Report:

So Hanna Planted the Seed of heading out to Spring Mountain a couple weeks ago, but I ended up going to Index instead. And it just so happened that I met Stephen Packard that day. Well We kept in touch and the next good weather window, we planned a trip out to Spring Mountain. So Packard, The Wife and I headed out to Spring, hoping to get in 10 pitches or so. We decided our first would be Other Side of the Tracks. It was a great time. I lead the whole route. As Packard said it. "I put it up, and climbed it numerous times already. This is your first time up, go for it"

DSCN1816.JPGDSCN1825.JPG

DSCN18552.JPG

We topped out, Awesome. But on the way down, mistakes were made (we all got down safe) and we realized that 10 pitches were not in the cards today. Apparently you need more than 2 hours of sleep for a full day of climbing. So we wandered over and I hit up the first pitch of Erockticka. Very fun, loved the 10a Traverse.

DSC08817.JPG

But as the others weren't in Climbing mode, I rappelled down and we hiked over to Trophy Wife.

DSC08878.JPG

I knew if I led it,

DSC08917.JPG

I could get Packard to climb it. Which he did,

DSC08960.JPG

and had the biggest shit eating grin while doing it. All in all, a great day was had a Spring Mountain.

PS, Mark, Stupid Packard planted the seed of Cleaning the Arete Right of Trophy Wife....Where do I buy some bolts?

Gear Notes:

Double Ropes,

Single"ish" rack

Approach Notes:

20 minutes

Edited by Apdavids

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic