Re-bolting campaign on Indiegogo

BenWA

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could really just chop it and use the money for something more ethical? Starving kids, ravaged watersheds, native fish, innercity donations to help illiteracy programs or poverty,or Animal rescue.

Redamaging a fragile ecosystem is, for me the furthest need from my mind.

:moondance:

Could really just chop it and use the money for something more ethical? Starving kids, ravaged watersheds, native fish, innercity donations to help illiteracy programs or poverty,or Animal rescue.

Redamaging a fragile ecosystem is, for me the furthest need from my mind.

:moondance:

I'm sorry you choose to frame it in such a defeatist light.

The economies of the poor villages near this crag depend almost entirely on tourism from outsiders. The people in these villages are begging for this.

Hey Ben, good on you folks for attempting something positive. A lot of folks around here are use to just paying for things like this by themselves, however, bolting with Ti ain't cheap, good on you all for doing it right. I didn't even know Dom Republic had climbing, bet a lot of is didn't, so thanks for sharing that as well.

https://www.generosity.com/volunteer-fundraising/re-bolting-sport-climbs-in-the-dominican-republic

"We are Ben Cashman and Giordanno De Peña, and we are seeking to raise $15,000 to purchase titanium climbing bolts and anchors, epoxy resin, and other supplies needed to replace the dangerously corroded steel bolts and anchors that currently exist on the tropical seaside cliffs of Playa Frontón, Dominican Republic."

I'm not able to post. Hmmm. Short version, wish you and your group well Ben.

Wonder why I can't post my words? I tried twice. Leaving that one blank then. Even though it was full of words and links.

Here's a link with details still up: https://www.mountainproject.com/v/re-bolting-corroded-hardware-in-the-dominican-republic----playa-fronton/111666751