[TR] Mt. Hood - South Side - Hogs Back - Pearly Gates 3/17/2016

Atom

Trip: Mt. Hood - South Side - Hogs Back - Pearly Gates

Date: 3/17/2016

Trip Report:

Parked in the Timberline lodge and went to sleep around 10 p.m. Wednesday night. It seemed like I was woken up by plows clearing the lot everything 45 min.

3:15 a.m. I started skinning up towards the top of the Palmer lift and besides my desire to turn around and go back to sleep it was great. The sky was clear, bright with stars and even saw a handful of shooting stars. I arrived at the top of the Palmer lift around 5 a.m. and the summit at 8:50 a.m.

The bergschrund was filled in with snow, couldn't really see it at all.

Came back down to the hogsback via the old chute and skied the rest of the way to the parking lot and arrived there at 10:15 a.m.

nx6ts0.jpg

34sh65u.jpg

Gear Notes:

Mountaineering axe, crampons and Skis

Edited by Atom

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell is wrong with the site? ppl having issues posting TRs and i tried to make a response from mobile, no luck, just blank?

here's my re-written comment:

"I'll talk to a buddy who went up today but snow quality?

Thank god this TR didn't have a statement about the old chute beeing steeper than normal, like maybe 110 degrees and "glad I had two tools with me."

Sounds like you had a righteous day out, enjoy the mountain and still have the rest of your Saturday. Cheers!

I'll talk to buddy who went up today but snow quality?

Thank God this TR didn't have a statement about the old chute being steeper than normal, like maybe 110° and "glad I had two tools with me".

Sounds like you had a righteous day out, enjoy the mountain and still have the rest of your Saturday. Cheers