updated-Climbing books for sale! alpine rock WA OR

astrov

Doing some Spring cleaning here and would like to see these books go to good homes, to be read by the fresh eyes of intrepid, eager climbers. A lot of wisdom and inspiration can be found in these pages.

All in VG+ shape unless otherwise noted. Please make offers; preference is local pickup in Portland, but will ship media mail to lower 48. Paypal gift (or buyer adds $3+3% transaction fee).

Fifty Classic Climbs of North America (1st Ed., Sierra Club Books). Roper and Steck. Softcover.

Training for Climbing. Falcon Guide ("How to Climb Series"). 2nd Edition. some stray highlighting. Overall VG shape.

Oregon High: A climbing guide. Jeff Thomas © 1991. VG+ shape.

Selected Climbs in the Cascades Vol. 1, 2nd Edition (Nelson and Potterfield)

Selected Climbs in the Cascades Vol. 2, 1st Edition (Nelson and Potterfield)

Climbing Washington's Mountains. (Jeff Smoot).

Alpine Climbing: Techniques to take you higher. Mark Houston and Kathy Cosley. As New. © 2004. Mountaineers Expert Series.

Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain. (2nd Ed.) Bruce Tremper

Knots and Ropes for Climbers- Duane Raleigh

Mountaineering: The Freedom of the Hills (6th Edition) Softcover.

Classic Climbs of the Northwest. Alan Kearney

The Beckoning Silence. Joe Simpson. 2003. With color plates.

A Climber's Guide to Oregon. 1968. Dodge, Mazamas Press. Good condition; slight water damage

Rock Climbing Anchors - A Comprehensive Guide. Craig Luebben. © 2007. Mountaineers Expert Series.

Self-Rescue (How to Rock Climb Series). David J. Fasulo. © 1996.

Climbing Anchors. John Long. Falcon Guide How to Climb Series.

Ascent: The Spiritual and Physical Quest of Willi Unsoeld. © 1982 Laurence Leamer.

Medicine for Mountaineering. Mountaineers 2nd Edition.

Traditional Lead Climbing: Surviving the Learning Years.

The Boardman Tasker Omnibus. (four related works by Joe Tasker and Peter Boardman. Hardcover). Mountaineers ©1995.

Cheers!

Edited by astrov

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Bummmmp.

Let's get the remaining books sold. They look cool on my shelf, but they'd look better on yours.

"It was not about being a 'hard' climber, not a challenge to prove how good we were, but a pure and simple test of ourselves. That moment when I knew I was strong enough and powerful enough, mentally and physically, to overcome the obstacles in front of me came as a rushing exultation, a joyous realization that this was why I was here. George Mallory once wrote after succeeding on a climb, 'We're not exultant: but delighted, joyful: soberly astonished ... Have we vanquished an enemy? None but ourselves ..." I was meant to be there. I became entranced, absorbed in the game of reading the ice. The feeling of invincibility was infused with the wondrous irrationality of what I was doing - immutable, anarchic living, the essence of climbing, of simply being."

(Joe Simpson, The Beckoning Silence)

Edited by astrov