Newbie Looking For Partner

T.R.

Hi all,

I am relatively new to climbing, and I am currently looking for a partner for the upcoming spring/summer season. Over the past several years, I have gotten more into climbing after having made the transition from a life of backpacking/scrambling. I grew up in the PNW (Seattle) and I have summitted Mt. St. Helens in both summer and winter via both Monitor Ridge and Worm Flows. Last year, I took a six-day expeditions skills seminar course from RMI which culminated in a successful summit bid on Mt. Shuksan via the Sulphide Glacier route. I am looking to expand my skillset and experience this summer by pursuing climbs on Hood, Rainier, Baker, and several other North Cascades peaks, if possible. I own a new rope and basic snow/ice pro. I'm interested in climbing with people who possess a skill set similar to mine and are looking to gain experience as well as anyone who is experienced and is interested in shedding some climbing knowledge/experience onto a new climber. I am a fit 25 y/o male living in PDX. Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, I'm pretty new to climbing as well. 21, looking to head out to the PNW during the summer for a few weeks. I'm taking july and august just to climb before returning to school. I'd be down to climb sometime in the summer. I'm more comfortable on ice than anything else.

Replying to both of you guys - I'm in Seattle and similar skill set, 27 and in good shape. Have some glacier experience, fair amount of rock experience but just getting into trad/alpine rock. Fair amount of BC ski experience if that interests you as well. Definitely planning to get out a bunch this season, Message me and we can plan to meet up.

Hello to all three of you. 32yo climber here. Newbie to snow/ice but competent at multi pitch trad. I am taking a glacier skills and crevasse rescue class over memorial day weekend and doing a guided ascent of mt. shuksan in June. By then I expect to be a solid partner for some attempts at some moderate routes. Really looking to get after it this summer as this may be my last season in the PNW for a while. Baker, Hood and Rainier are objectives of mine as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to everyone,

I'm fairly similar skill set to most in here. I have done Hood, Rainier, Adams, 14ers in CO etc. also an avid skier/ ski tourer. Have AIARE LVL 1 cert. Would love to meet some new people and do some climbing this summer. 28 and in good shape. Living in PDX area.

I'm a 28 year old living in Portland. I've climbed, Hood, St Helen's, Baker, and failed at Rainier twice. My experience has mostly just been long snow climbs and indoor rock climbing. I'd love to meet new climbers and advance our skills together.

I'm considering climbing Hood this Friday night/Saturday morning if anyone would like to join me. I plan on carrying my snowboard to the top of the Palmer lift, possibly crater rock.

• 3 weeks later...