outdoor fees...yes again

Scott_J

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to think that it is better to pay for the access so that those in Washington DC see that we are invested in keeping these areas beautiful, if not pristine. Better us than extractive industry...... Just as long as it does not lead to a HCL.gif and hot cider bar on top of Rainier. hellno3d.gif

Hey seriously, what do people think about this angle?

Those in Washington DC will not see it as you describe; all they will see is that their constituents are voluntarily consenting to more governmental control and higher taxes. These are the only things they care about, because it is what keeps them in power, which is what they want. Government is the WORST thing to put your faith and money into.

I'm starting to think that it is better to pay for the access so that those in Washington DC see that we are invested in keeping these areas beautiful, if not pristine. Better us than extractive industry...... Just as long as it does not lead to a HCL.gif and hot cider bar on top of Rainier. hellno3d.gif

Hey seriously, what do people think about this angle?

Those in Washington DC will not see it as you describe; all they will see is that their constituents are voluntarily consenting to more governmental control and higher taxes. These are the only things they care about, because it is what keeps them in power, which is what they want. Government is the WORST thing to put your faith and money into.

Ever Notice how the "Right" and "Left" wing extremes start sounding the same the further "out" they get?! cantfocus.gif

There was a segment on Oregon Field Guide a coupla weeks ago about the Fee Demo Program and to augment the program they opened a forum and chat line for the evening. The next day they replaced the chatline with a poll (good move.) Last I checked, there were just under 500 responses to the poll, so in the interest of beefing up the sample, I’m posting the url here. There are some good posts in the forum, but the traffic's slowed almost to a stop. Vote early and vote often… or not.

http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/chat/ thumbs_down.gifthumbs_up.gifconfused.gifyellowsleep.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_up.gif

"It's only talk." bigdrink.gif