Saying goodbye to cc.com

glassgowkiss

https://support.google.com/ads/answer/1634057?hl=en

Fucken enlighten yourself - this shit is known, bro. It's not new. It's not arcane.

Oly has absolutely no control over what stupid shit shows up on your stupid ass computer due to your own stupid ass browsing habits. All those piss-pants anti-gun articles you read? Might have something to do with it. "Gun" is still "gun," google probably doesn't give a shit if it loosens your bowls or gets your dick hard - they just recognize your interest.

I'm willing to bet, however, it has a lot more to do with the SPORTING factor - outdoor enthusiasts.... climbers, hunters, fishermen. Can you believe it?? They're all outdoor sports.

With that kind of potty mouth, you must have tons of ass cream and dildo ads in your banners.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See ya Bob! But realize that, like others have said, the ads are something that are based both on you and what others have posted on here. Will you do the same on Facebook? Because it will probably happen to you there too. Or any site that uses Google advertising.

Right now I'm getting an ad about Phoenix, because I'm going to Arizona pretty soon.

The gun ads are due to a few reasons, some have which have been pointed out. If there is posts about guns Google will target ads to us about that. We also get ads from an outoor ad marketplace, and I use "Outdoor" in the broadest sense, that unsurprisingly does get a lot of money from the gun industry.

If this bothers people that much I'm more then happy to put a request to no longer display those ads on our, meaning yours and my, site. That said, asking us first about this would have been the proactive first step in addressing this, instead of making assumption. I don't own a gun nor have fired a gun in 25 years since being in Boy Scouts, but I did like a post on IG yesterday for the SEAL that was awarded the Medal of Honor.

The site lost it's luster from the early 80's, but what totally pissed me off is seeing banners advertising guns. Sorry, but I will not support gun industry.

If anyone here wants to get hold of me, you can do it via email or fb.

only 20 years off as to when the site was started. you may want to get a hold of your facts before you make any more rash decisions! :lmao:

I'd like more gun ads please. Haven't seen a one yet and am feeling discriminated against. Want more sex ads too. As long as they don't involve horses, I've heard things about you Washington folks ya know, I don't live in a cave. And as long as we are putting in requests, no more Retirement homes, Geritol, Adult Diapers, Walkers or False teeth ads and I'll be good to go. Otherwise, good job with the site guys!

:wave:

ADCO-2-popup1.jpg

Well assholekisser, we're certainly going to miss all of your valuable trip reports.. ALL THREE OF THEM!!!! And we'll also miss all your other major contributions to this site (99% of your posts are in spray).

Who gives a shit. Pretty much nobody.

Hey Feller, don't get your panties twisted.