Saying goodbye to cc.com

glassgowkiss

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The site lost it's luster from the early 80's, but what totally pissed me off is seeing banners advertising guns. Sorry, but I will not support gun industry.

If anyone here wants to get hold of me, you can do it via email or fb.

You're a fuckin idiot.

Your own search and viewing history dictates what ads you see.

The site lost it's luster from the early 80's, but what totally pissed me off is seeing banners advertising guns. Sorry, but I will not support gun industry.

You're a fuckin idiot.

Your own search and viewing history dictates what ads you see.

You are wrong. I know that I have never looked for guns on the interest and yet I still see the ads for the outdoor retailer with guns that Bob speaks of. I really doubt that Bob has gone shopping in cabela's.

You are wrong.

No - I'm not.

I know that I have never looked for guns on the interest and yet I still see the ads for the outdoor retailer with guns that Bob speaks of. I really doubt that Bob has gone shopping in cabela's.

Doesn't have shit to do with it.

then please explain to us layman how it does work. I look at John Oliver show and therefore I am a gun enthusiast? what connection could a gun avoider have that convinces a business that I need a gun?

https://support.google.com/ads/answer/1634057?hl=en

Fucken enlighten yourself - this shit is known, bro. It's not new. It's not arcane.

Oly has absolutely no control over what stupid shit shows up on your stupid ass computer due to your own stupid ass browsing habits. All those piss-pants anti-gun articles you read? Might have something to do with it. "Gun" is still "gun," google probably doesn't give a shit if it loosens your bowls or gets your dick hard - they just recognize your interest.

I'm willing to bet, however, it has a lot more to do with the SPORTING factor - outdoor enthusiasts.... climbers, hunters, fishermen. Can you believe it?? They're all outdoor sports.

Actually, if you're seeing that banner, it represents some money they have to spend that ISN'T being used to make or sell a gun. So keep hitting refresh and screw their bottom line.