Hood sunshine route beta?

pioneerian

I'm looking for some fine folks out there to provide some details/beta on Hood's sunshine route. Looking to go in early May (if Rd to Cloud Cap is open) with one other experienced and a few newbs. Debating on bivying somewhere along the route to spend a little more time checking out the north side.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of beta? I think the route descriptions floating around are pretty good. Early May is a popular time and should be OK generally speaking. How is the fitness of your group? Its a long route (not as bad if you wait for the road) which may speak in favor of a bivy at snow dome. With Newbs consider a car shuttle and descend the south side rather than down climbing Cooper Spur.

Ha! Thanks bud. I got a "GPS guy" for a partner who wants to download the track. Fitness is good with the newbs. They're marathon folks but we'll be shuttling for sure, since two are fresh out of climb school (and I'm lazy...), besides I'm hoping to do Cooper Spur the next weekend anyway.