[TR] Camp Muir Conditions Report - Wind Slab Release - 2/24/2016

lukeh

Total bullshit. I had it out with one of them at the gate after we summited last February. We were 10 minutes late and she fucking read me the riot act and played the intimidation game- making a big show of writing down my license plate.

I suggest that you call down there and tell Tracy Swartout that you object, as a park GUEST, to being treated like this. I also encourage you to dispute the ticket: Make them go to court. 360-569-2211

The management down there seems to have entirely forgotten why they are employed. Their (often arbitrary) rules are not the freaking customers, we are. So, so completely disgusted with most of the NPS right now.

:tup:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From freedom to fascism

We went up and climbed in the Tatoosh range a couple of years ago and were about an hour late back to the gate. There was no ranger, I think we went to the Hotel and got a key, or they came out and unlocked it with no drama.

Winter conditions aren't always that predictable and trying to estimate your return time exactly to the minute is bogus. Just leave the out gate open what's the big deal? If you are competent enough to hike and climb in the winter you should be able to get down the road after dark.

Install one of these puppies so folks can get out after hours. Problem solved.

Traffic-Spikes~~element311.png

[video:youtube]6Qnnxx-uHG4

That was pretty funny.

We're petitioning the government for change, though, so indeed we have to appeal its punitive nature. A one-way gate won't cut it. It's gotta be spike strips or else something worse, like Predator drones silently patrolling Paradise Access road, Hellfire bombs armed and ready to customize the bodywork on your stoner Subaru.

• 2 weeks later...