Ozone trail improvement.

brionifitch

So the Ozone trail (specifically east end) has been kinda eroding down the hillside and it's been on my mind this winter. I got a hold of some cheap and free materials for some improvements so I dropped it off today off the east trail near the switchback. Planning on getting back there this next week to fix up the broken down section between the switch back and the mordor section, plus maybe do some steps/belay platforms thru the slippery rock (belay for no nut's/dad's nuts cause right now it sucks). Let me know if you want to help call/text Brian 360-907-9810.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
So the Ozone trail (specifically east end) has been kinda eroding down the hillside and it's been on my mind this winter. I got a hold of some cheap and free materials for some improvements so I dropped it off today off the east trail near the switchback. Planning on getting back there this next week to fix up the broken down section between the switch back and the mordor section, plus maybe do some steps/belay platforms thru the slippery rock (belay for no nut's/dad's nuts cause right now it sucks). Let me know if you want to help call/text Brian 360-907-9810.

Thanks in advance for any work you do out there. It is much appreciated.

Ps....don't worry about some of the sprayer/punks that post here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I did a little bit of work out there on both sides. Got some rocks out of the way and did some digging under Sweet Fucker and The Head Wall as per video. There's a nice flat bit of trail here now so folks can quit sliding halfway down the hill and screwing up the plants.

[video:youtube]

My old buddy Keith made me this Pry Bar 38 years back when he was a Millwright at the feed mill. I use to use near daily it in construction but as I'm an office person now, I like refreshing the memory of youth and getting it out and using it when I can. I've been trying to rehab my shoulders...none too successfully but they are better. Somewhat.