Mountain Hardwear BMG 105 Hipbelt

kmehrtens

I have a newer style BMG 105 (with Outdry) and am looking for a different hipbelt option. The one that comes with the pack does NOT offer enough padding. I know that it is suppose to be light and slim but it is at the point that it is leaving bruises on my hip bones. Granted I am a smaller frame person and don't have a lot of "meat" on my hips for padding, but come on. I have been on training hikes with 40# thus far and it is getting ridiculous. I noticed that someone left a review on backcountry.com's website and mentioned that the swapped out the belt with an other MH compatible belt, but I can't find any other reference. I have talked with both MH customer service and warranty repairs for other ideas and they were no help.

I have had the older version of the BMG and don't remember having this problem, maybe I did and just don't remember. I bought the newer model since is had a larger capacity for winter backpacking/climbing and possibility Denali. The older size small model was only 95L and the newer S/M is actually 105L.

I like the pack except the hip belt so I am looking for other ideas, got any?

Thanks in Advance.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days