• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
cfire

[TR] Utah-SLC - A few 1/16/2016

Trip: Utah-SLC - A few

Date: 1/16/2016

Trip Report:

There is ice in Utah! My first ice climbing trip there was good times, despite the biblically repressive alcohol laws over the holiday weekend. The locals are busy on the slopes tearing up the epic snow year, so the crowds weren't too bad at the popular areas, and non-existent at the remote areas. Only three days to climb, but I'd recommend taking a trip if you want something new. The approaches were as easy as it ever gets for ice climbing.

Some random pics:

Stairway to Heaven

IMG959846.jpg

Bridal Veil Falls with White Lightning in foreground

20160116_085802.jpg

IMG959814.jpgIMG959870.jpg20160118_095648.jpg20160118_123400.jpgIMG959885.jpg

Gear Notes:

Watching TSA try to figure out what ice screws are and whether they are allowed as carry-on was almost worth the show.

Approach Notes:

So easy

Always glad to see some love for my home state ice. It's not all just desert towers and splitters. I too used to think the liquor laws there were oppressive...until I moved to Pennsylvania.

They let me bring them on after they fondled them for awhile and had a conference. Come to think of it, they acted like I do when I get new gear and show to friends. :)

Glad it worked out and you got to climb some ice!

But..... did you scare yourself?

No, I only scared some mormon children.

:shock:

You did them a favor, we all have to grow up some time.