• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
bedellympian

Hyalite/Bozeman beta

I'm headed to Bozeman with some friends from Bend Feb 19-29. We are looking to split costs and keep stuff cheap while climbing a sh!t ton of ice. Any beta on where to sleep, eat, climb, or a fourth activity that I haven't yet considered, is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam

Went a few weeks ago. Stayed at La Quinta which was cheap and fine aside from being close to the train tracks. Not that loud but woke me up a couple times. It's at the opposite end of town from Hyalite but I don't think there is much lodging in that direction and it's only an extra 10-15 minutes in any case.

Montana Ale Works and Nova Cafe are great food.

Only saw a couple climbing parties per day during the week but I was told the weekend can be a zoo.

Summer 2103 I stayed in Bozeman at the Royal 7, which was clean, cheap, and local. Dinner at the nearby Fresco Café was really good.

We travel to Bozeman 4-5 times a year and have had great luck with VRBO there. Just a quick search turned up this place: https://www.vrbo.com/393844ha#location

It's pretty close to Hyalite for $120 per night. Might be worth checking out the rest of the listings around town.

Bozeman has a bunch of great restaurants, hard to go wrong with any of them.

We always stay at the Western Heritage Inn. It's convenient and close to MT Ale works. Call and talk to the manager Stephanie and you'll get a better rate than if you book online.

Highly recommend Mackenzie River Pizza. Good pizza and beer, their cobb salad is a man meal.