Petzl harness b*tchfest

Jake_Gano

I went to replace my well used Petzl Adjama harness with a new one, and I was pretty pissed to see that in the last 6 or 7 years Petzl managed to take a really nice harness and redesign it to be a pile of junk. The new harness feels like it's padded with cardboard, and the gear loops feel flimsy, and who wants rock a butt-fuck purple harness. (The old harness before they redesigned it was much nice). I suspect they want to push people towards their high-end high price new models but they shouldn't do it by making there mid-price harnesses deliberately crappier. Lame :tdown:

Also, I know inflation is a raging bitch, but since when did every decent harness cost over $100? It wasn't to long ago that those prices were limited to highly specialized big wall harness or those willing to pay the dead bird premium.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I crag in the new Adjama and I like it.

Check out the Aquila if you want a super padded harness that still climbs well or the Sitta for super lightweight performance. The Sitta is amazingly comfortable for weighing what it does.

The FL 365 from Arcteryx is a fairly sweet harness also. Leg loops aren't adjustable but not a deal breaker for me.

I bought a Petzl Hirundos last year so I would have a second harness for ice/alpine. That way I don't have to look like some kinda tool rolling into the gym with ice clippers and tethers still attached to me. It's a great harness for that purpose, but I need a little more beef for cragging/gym climbing. I'll probably end up just buying an Aquila and bitching about the price.