All Foam Helmets

bmyers427

Petzl badly needs to redesign that buckle on the Scirocco. Mine has now been retired after the buckle started releasing any time I looked down at my feet on a climb - regardless of whether or not I'd completely cleaned out the metal filings that clog up the clasp. It seemed to have to do with the flimsy plastic they build the buckle out of. It's pliable enough to allow it to clasp under just the force applied by the magnet, which apparently meant that after a year of frequent use it degraded to the point where a solid direct pull would cause it to release. I almost lost the helmet mid-climb more than a few times before finally tossing it into the dustbin. Not cool.

Petzl will send you a new buckle free of charge, which "fixes" the issue for a good while. I would have taken the helmet off your hands, too bad you tossed it. Personally I think it is the best (though certainly not the prettiest) helmet I've ever owned though I agree that the buckle could be changed for the better.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic