Immediate Rescue Help

KellyPDX

Hi Everyone,

UPDATE: Chelan Mountain Rescue is headed in tonight so no one else need venture out. Thank you!

My boyfriend, Adam, was on a solo climb Saturday on the North Buttress Couloir on Colchuck. He was expected back late Saturday or early Sunday as he had to work in Portland Sunday afternoon. I have not heard from him and a ranger reported that his car is still in the parking lot.

I am looking for a few climbers that could drive up with me Monday morning to help look. There will also be a search and rescue team up there.

Please message me if you are able to help. You can also contact my friend Brendan at 503.781.4923 for help coordinating.

**if anyone is able to go up earlier that would also be really great. I am flying in from NY right now and cannot leave Portland until 8am.

I am concerned this may be his second night out, and exposure could be an issue for him going through what might be his second night out. I have reached out to friends as well but all a long drive away and can not make it up until morning. Thank you so much in advance for any help.

Edited by KellyPDX

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My co-worker is really good friends with Adam. I saw Adam play keyboards and drums at an awesome show about a month ago in Portland.

Chelan County Sheriff has some info posted on the search. http://www.co.chelan.wa.us/sheriff/news/15c13860-search-for-missing-climber-colchuck-peak

Here is text:

15C13860 Search For Missing Climber - Colchuck Peak

Posted By: Sheriff's Office on December 01, 2015

The Chelan County Sheriff’s Office initiated an active search for an overdue climber in the area of Colchuck Peak Monday morning. The climber, Adam Ochshorn (33yoa) of Portland, Oregon had planned on hiking to the Colchuck Lake area on Friday, camping overnight and then climbing a couloir route to reach Colchuck Peak on Saturday. He was expected out by late Saturday evening or early Sunday morning. Ochshorn’s vehicle was located near the Bridge Creek campground. He is described as an experienced and technical climber who had hiked in the Colchuck area this past summer.

Search coordinators and Chelan County Mountain Rescue personnel worked together throughout Monday in an attempt to locate Ochshorn. One team of Mountain Rescue members had hiked into Colchuck Lake on Sunday evening. Deputies and other Mountain Rescue members joined in the search Monday morning. Ochshorn’s tent was eventually located along the west bank of Colchuck Lake unoccupied. Searchers are focusing on a north couloir route which Ochshorn mentioned to friends would be his ascending route to the Colchuck Peak summit.

Due to a weather inversion layer of low clouds in Chelan County, a helicopter from the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office was requested to conduct an aerial search Monday. (The elevation of the search area is above the inversion layer). Searchers had clear skies throughout Monday’s operational period but have yet to locate Ochshorn. The search will continue Tuesday morning.

Please direct questions concerning this media release to Under Sheriff John Wisemore.