FS: Frostline Kit Down Filled Mittens

normankirk

Vintage Frostline (Boulder, CO), made from a kit, down filled mittens. Frostline, Holubar and Caribou produced kits for outdoor clothing through the 70's. Leather palm and thumb, taffeta nylon back and gauntlet, knit inner cuff. These are a toasty warm, stout pair of mitts but have poor dexterity. Suited best for igloo building, skiing, snowmobiling, ice climbing belay mitts and the like. The maker did a really nice job with the sewing, and, except for a few minor stains, they are in very good condition. No damage or wear. About size M/L. Asking $25.00, shipped.

DSC05481.JPGDSC05482.JPGDSC05483.JPG

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I have the same Vintage Frostline down filled mittens with leather palm and thumb and nylon body, made by my dad from a kit in the early 70's. Mine are made with light blue nylon and ivory leather. Perfect for below freezing temps like we had in Alaska, they keep the cold out and the cuffs keep snow and wind from getting in. Leather palm and thumb, taffeta nylon back and gauntlet, knit inner cuff. They have some minor stains on the leather, but its still soft and pliant, and there are no rips in the nylon. Size M. 

• 4 months later...