Can you believe this weather

Scott_J

Thursday was a pleasant day alpine skiing...cool, with packed powder and a few hard packed areas. Friday, I was out XC skiing but the temperatures seemed to be going up. The skiing was very good. Great kick and glide.

Saturday, I was out with with Caveman and another friend. The temperatures were absolutely incredible. I can remember this type of weather only about three times in my life time. Once in Alaska and the other times in the UP where I grew up.

Its going to be interesting to see what the remainder of the winter brings.

The time this happened in Alaska, March was a bonanza month for powder skiing. One could only hope!!!

Lets here what others have experienced. bigdrink.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday...foggy and cold at the Pass, and the kind of light snow coverage you'd expect this year.

Today at Crystal.....hot and sunny, with light coverage, a perfect late spring day, could have skied in a t-......I'm sorry, what is that you are saying? It's the middle of JANUARY! Holy $#!T!

It was super-duper fun playing in the spring snow today if you could look past the fact that is badbadbad to be getting HOT days in the middle of winter on top of low snow pack.

I had forgotten how crowded ski areas are on the weekends, and I'd completely forgotten how awful most people are at skiing and snowboarding. Really, really phenomenally bad. Much worse than I am at climbing, if that is possible.

FYI the wax jobs were just fine. Even the snowboard. grin.gif

I'd completely forgotten how awful most people are at skiing and snowboarding. Really, really phenomenally bad.

Were you watching me ski the lovely hoar frost, crust, lumpy powder combo down to Source Lake today? On second thought, probably not: I'm not really, really, phenomenally bad, I'm exceptionally, exquisitely, phenomenally bad.

grin.gif

Today at Crystal.....hot and sunny, with light coverage, a perfect late spring day, could have skied in a t-......I'm sorry, what is that you are saying? It's the middle of JANUARY! Holy $#!T!

Today at Red Mountain.....cold and sunny, with above average coverage, a perfect mid winter day, couldn't have skied in a t-......, yup it's the middle of January. F!@#$% Eh!

It seems to be snowing again... fruit.gif

tongue.gifwink.giftongue.gifwink.giftongue.gifwink.giftongue.gifwink.gif

I had forgotten how crowded ski areas are on the weekends

I'd forgotten how dead it can be at a small hill on the weekend. laugh.gif

if you could look past the fact that is badbadbad to be getting HOT days in the middle of winter on top of low snow pack.

confused.gif Wouldn't that be a good thing, you know settle out some evil depth hoar and the like... Oh! I get it, you've got so little snow that you're worried it will all go away! frown.gif

"Just because I sleep with you don't mean I'll ski with you." evils3d.gif

Had a wonderful morning. Hiked a mile and a half up spencers butte and out of the fog bank. Felt like I was on an island in the middle of the ocean, the fog was so thick in the valley. Could see Hood and three sisters. It was sunny and beautiful up there. Such an amazing way to start the day cool.gif

i know i am really enjoying it....but i need it too rain...i have to climb when it is nice and have yet to really rest....

my elbow is fuggin killen me.....

though i only want it to rain for about 5 days...and then resume our newly scheduled "send" weather

20 days in january

11 days at index.....

doesnt get much better

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif