BD crampon clip/strap advice

Pete04

I want to convert my BD Cyborg with Pro Straps to Clip Straps because my boots don't have the proper toe. Does anyone know how to transfer the straps from one set of crampons to another? I have a general mountaineering BD crampon that I'd like to cannabilize for its standard clip strap.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I understand your question. Converting Pro to Clip is not just a matter of swapping a fabric strap. The Clip version has two posts that attach the toe basket plastic to the crampon body. The Pro model is completely different - has holes for the bail wire. So in other words...can't be done. What am I missing in your question?

jfs1978 is right. If you look at the way they attach, the clip model has two extra posts at the front that are vertical to allow for the clip to rivet in place. So unless you are handy at welding those 2 posts on the front or change the location of where the clip attaches you are out of luck. You might be able to rivet the clip strap into the same holes you use for the wire bail, but I wouldn't recommend it. I think that would make it too low and far back from the toe. Just sell your Pro versions and buy a clip version. With a little patience looking through MP and CCC for used versions you probably won't even lose that much money on the deal.