Plus ça change...

KaskadskyjKozak

Yep, and go back a few centuries to the Ottamans and the Caliphate of old. Good times.

it's been 20 years since i took my history of islam class but i seem to recall the caliphate concept disappeared within a century or so of muhammad's death - it's periodic re-invention since then was generally the product of zealots like those of isis-fame

that said, the history of the first caliphate i recollect was actually extremely moderate in terms of imposing its beliefs on non-arabs - "people of the book" aka christians and jews were protected, and anyone in conquered lands could practice their chosen faith, albeit being required to pay a higher tax :)

The Caliphate lasted until the 20th century, dude.

Anyways, hope you had a good Dead Bird Day!

:rawk:

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you seem like to total clueless fuck and a complete retard not understanding what you see and hear.

G Kiss, i'm sure you're much more educated and traveled than Dr. Dawkins. Please tell me how he's wrong for saying Islam is evil? I'm sure your understanding of the Global War on Terror is profound....right....hahahaha

Or is he a clueless fuck and a complete retard for not agreeing with your views as well?

Ivan,

My family tree from northern France in the year 1050 shows births in France and deaths in Jerusalem. Knights fighting on the crusades. I get it.

Still my words about France becoming a Muslim nation are accurate. Research it, don't take my word for it. It's a mathematical certainty.

france has nominally been a catholic nation for centuries, yet what's more french than not particularly giving a shit about your supposed faith? how catholic is france really? so she may be nominally muslim in the future, who cares so long as the wine and cheese sticks around?

you didn't answer the important question: how does saying "islam is the problem" help in any constructive way?

the french have tried mass killing and persecution of supposed undesirable populations countless times in the past - how'd they go? ;)

G Kiss, i'm sure you're much more educated and traveled than Dr. Dawkins. Please tell me how he's wrong for saying Islam is evil?

if you're an atheist, can you really call anything evil w/o a touch of irony? all we got is double-plus un-good :)

Amen (irony intended). This post and another of yours exemplify what I like you.

france has nominally been a catholic nation for centuries, yet what's more french than not particularly giving a shit about your supposed faith? how catholic is france really?

Very secular. The French Revolution changed a lot there, and WWI finished the job. As for an Islamic French state - if that occurs, there will be a period of utter hell there before they have a revolution and so on to throw off that burdensome yoke. I'd rather that the world skips that phase altogether.

so she may be nominally muslim in the future, who cares so long as the wine and cheese sticks around?

Nominally... or actually so. I'd bet on the latter if things keep going as they are. Is wine allowed to Muslims? Or fine cognac, armagnac, calvados...Forget that wonderful pork charcuterie. What else will be outlawed and banned.

G Kiss, i'm sure you're much more educated and traveled than Dr. Dawkins. Please tell me how he's wrong for saying Islam is evil?

if you're an atheist, can you really call anything evil w/o a touch of irony? all we got is double-plus un-good :)

Amen (irony intended). This post and another of yours exemplify what I like you.

Spare us your feltching and santorum.

BTW Dawkins is a prime example of a person going from science to entertainment and branching into pseudo philosophy in his book writing. He is a biologist by trade, so his opinion about islam is just that. The counter to that can be opinion by Reza Aslan, who has actually has educational credentials to back up his statements. Sorry, but your first statement is just blanket bigotry at it's best.

Gentlemen,

I climbed yesterday with a French Mountain Guide and had this same conversation. He admitted that France will be muslim in two short generations. He said "It makes me sad".

The rest of Europe isn't in much better position. There isn't going to be wine and cheese once the Muslims are a majority. They have no interest in being French. There are entire neighborhoods in France where the French police won't go. That should be a fairly accurate view of the future. Who ever said that the French will rise up at some pint and fix this is deluded.

Here's a military fact for you: If a population supports an insurgency it succeeds, if a population shuns an insurgency it fails.

Now extrapolate that fact out over Islam in general supporting the radicals worldwide.

This "peaceful Islam" you speak of is a bright shining lie. They preach peace out of one side of there mouths and support terror from the other side. They believe everyone of us is an infidel that must convert, submit or die.

It's great to be peace loving and liberal and open minded, but not so open minded that your brain falls out on the floor or you simply give you entire nation away to the enemy.

This "peaceful Islam" you speak of is a bright shining lie. They preach peace out of one side of there mouths and support terror from the other side.

so no muslim peoples in the history of forever has ever gotten along w/ another people, and not without good reason? :crazy:

what nation, most especially including our own, hasn't spoken of peace while supporting war? hypocrisy is a distinct characteristic of the hairless monkey :)

Who ever said that the French will rise up at some pint and fix this is deluded.

nothing "fixes" a problem like a "final solution" - amirite?!? :rawk:

france didn't want romans around, but the romans came anyhow - then they didn't want the damn bosche in the neighborhood but then they came and went and france was still france - likewise the brits and yes, the saracens - history is a stew - throw some shit into the body-politic, stir, repeat.

france didn't want romans around, but the romans came anyhow

The Gauls didn't want the Romans, not the French. :)

then they didn't want the damn bosche in the neighborhood but then they came and went and france was still france

Well, Gaul was not Gaul anymore. And you skipped the Franks... Romans didn't want any of them pesky Barbarians around on their terra firma. :)

Oh wait is that sounding too "expert" on "a variety of subjects"? lol

You are fundamentally sound in your protestations though. Fucking agnry hairless monkeys, repetitive historical recycling and all that.

it's a happy hair-less monkey were made in the image of too it's worth remembering - shit, what else can the franco-s remind us? :)

i wonder what vercingetorix would say?

"meh, you just got bombed, I was paraded through the streets of Rome and strangled. You pussies, stop whining and harden the fuck up"

??

:)

Islam is a side show. Islam in the US is a non-issue.

We have our own issues to deal with here.

I'm sure that was Europe's exact sentiment at some point.

I'm also sure they're not telling themselves that lie anymore.

"We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades."

Colonel Muammar Gaddafi

10 April 2006

God Dammit! He was right and you're still asleep! These are our oldest allies falling! If it were Russian tanks or German solders rolling into Paris we'd be mobilizing.

Why are you all so comfortable with the Muslims taking shit over?

Islam is a side show

The entire middle east is a boiling cauldron of fuck and you're going to shoot from the hip that "Islam is a side show"?.......really?

Perhaps it has to be seen, actually lived before it sinks in.

You guys sound like climate deniers at this point. It's really that bad.

I'm not trying to tell you this to "be right" or enjoy an discussion with the guys. I spent years of my adult life in that boiling cauldron of fuck and I'm giving you a first person warning.

The only bigger problem we have than Islam is the NPS....