Plus ça change...

KaskadskyjKozak

i think you're right there tvashie, in that we were already slowly creeping towards another middle eastern full-on quagmire (and are likely on the eve of a new republican presidency which of course reveres the rashly swung hammer and will do it's best to be stupid on steroids) - yes the isis caliphate will fall shortly afterwards, and this of course is what differs them isis boys from AQ - the AQ types were wise enough not to declare claim to a particular chunk of territory b/c they knew there's no way they could hold it in the face of full western fury

and yet, as i said above, muslim fundamentalism will not, and can not ever, suffer a final defeat - it's displayed remarkable resilience over the past millennia, capable of enduring the worst that despots could bring against it, despots who didn't have one iota of the democratic qualms our civilization rightly holds - what hostile ideology has ever really been stricken from the landscape? communists and anarchists, though they have faded from the height of their horrific glory in the late 19th through mid-20th century, still remain. christian psychos too as you mention. survivalists and millennialists of all stripes. it's always a fine time to be shit crazy :)

best we can do is keep shit to shoe-level - it's near the knees now i reckon

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obama prominently campaigned on leaving iraq and won overwhelmingly - the democratic sentiment of the nation, which you are free to dislike, clearly was we needed to get the fuck out of that shitty little sandbox

So Obama made good on his promise to fuck up Iraq. Well, OK.

Obama doesn't lead he just reacts and this is what happens when your entire foreign policy is reacting.

kinda hard to play chess w/o reacting to your opponents moves - strategy's nice n' all, but humans often don't do what you want or expect

the rapprochements with both iran and cuba have not been mere reactions - neither seemed at all likely w/ a bomb'em-into-the-stone-age conservatard at the helm either :)

obama prominently campaigned on leaving iraq and won overwhelmingly - the democratic sentiment of the nation, which you are free to dislike, clearly was we needed to get the fuck out of that shitty little sandbox

i feel your pain - democracy ain't all it's cracked up to be, but it's the best we've got (though them isis-fellers suuuure do disagree :) )

Obama doesn't lead he just reacts and this is what happens when your entire foreign policy is reacting.

kinda hard to play chess w/o reacting to your opponents moves - strategy's nice n' all, but humans often don't do what you want or expect

the rapprochements with both iran and cuba have not been mere reactions - neither seemed at all likely w/ a bomb'em-into-the-stone-age conservatard at the helm either :)

Maybe I'm just being too critical of our dear leader, I mean, maybe the Paris bombings were just spontaneous demonstrations caused by objectionable Youtube videos.

i feel your pain - democracy ain't all it's cracked up to be, but it's the best we've got (though them isis-fellers suuuure do disagree :) )

We got what we deserved...if only we could get what we needed.

US leaving Iraq was decided during Bush administration, long before Obama took office. Stop lying!

i have faith in religious lunatics ability to persevere in the face of persecution

nice redefinition of persecution Ivan.

9_9

how so? to be sure i went for a word w/ proper alliteration - perhaps you feel persecution always infers the persecuted is innocent?

swap in prosecution if you prefer :)

the connotations of persecution implies it's unjust and done by someone in power against an underdog. It also implies martyrdom more often than not.

beyond that... well, actually I don't care anymore - use whatever term you want.

didn't you guys do anything fun or productive this weekend?

Only your reply of showing radical Christians isn't apples to apples. The jesus freaks you show aren't even statistically significant.

The Muslims in the above video are a dime a dozen and they're fucking serious. In fact there's more than a billion of them.

CWC01 is right, ISIS is a problem and the entire religion of Islam is a problem.

Tvash is right when he says we need to turn ISIS into a grease spot.

As for France, they're a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys that already gave their Nation away by letting so many Muslims immigrate. Then none of the European couples are having kids and the Muslims are having 8. I've read that by the year 2040 there will be more Muslims in France than French.

Then Sharia Law will be introduced and you'll hear the prayers broadcast from loudspeakers five times a day....in Paris.

FRANCE WILL BE AN ISLAMIC STATE BY 2050!!!!!

Every time someone says the terrorists are a minority and most of Islam is peaceful I just cringe.

I spent years of my adult life in the middle east, this isn't my cnn opinion.