Shoulder Tendinitis Recovery Time

T.R.

I recently starting climbing, and I believe I have garnered my first overuse injury. I woke up after a hard day of bouldering to dull pain on the anterior portion of my right shoulder. If I hold my arm away from my body at 90 degrees and rotate the arm clockwise (towards my back), I feel sharp pain in what I believe is the supraspinatus muscle. This pain largely inhibits further rotation of the joint. I went to a doctor, and she gave me the standard tendinitis line--rest, ice, Naproxen, etc. Since it is the singular, above-mentioned movement that seems to be the sole catalyst for sharp pain, I assume that the injury is not serious, however I am aware that tendons do take longer to heal than muscle. Does anyone have any experience with shoulder tendinitis? How long should I wait until I attempt to climb or lift again? I am anxious to start climbing again, however I definitely I do not want to further or prolong this injury. Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic