Low volume ice boot?

d0zer

I'm looking for recommendations on a boot close in fit to what I have. I've been using size 46 Scarpa Charmoz with green Superfeet insoles for years and they're fantastic. I have very low volume feet (I tighten laces on running shoes virtually all the way down, for example) and it can be hard to find boots that fit well. The green superfeet help a lot, but I'm hoping someone might have suggestions on narrower, lower-volume ice boots. Any help is appreciated -- thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From a man who knows:

http://coldthistle.blogspot.com/2012/04/la-sportiva-batura-20.html

http://coldthistle.blogspot.com/2013/07/la-sportiva-nepal-cube.html

From my own experience owning two models of La Sportiva mountaineering/ice climbing boots, three pairs of La Sportiva approach shoes, and perhaps a dozen pairs of rock shoes:

La Sportiva seems to be the most innovative foot wear manufacturer. They come out with a fairly revolutionary designs, and the other manufactures follow suit the next year.

La Sportiva is top notch quality. Only two models that I owned had durability issues, and they were fixed in the next generation (First generation Kaukulators, first generation Trango Ice Extreme).

I put up with the too narrow fit for years until I reached the age of 40 when my feet got even wider. I sold all my remaining LS foot wear and went with Scarpa, which I find to be every bit as well constructed and performant as LS. And they fit my feet perfectly. I wish I could fit into LS, those new Cube models are dead sexy.

Edited by DPS

Thanks DPS. My concern with the new Cubes are insulation -- there aren't a lot of reviews out there, and a few suggest they are not as warm as the Nepal Evos.

John, do you know when these might appear in stores? Anything specific that you really love about them?

• 1 month later...

Consider scarpa rebel pros also, it's a snugger low volume last. The upper fits more like a trail runner than a boot, still with toe wiggle room.

Although if you're worried about how warm the trango ice cubes are these will be similar (same insulation and synthetic outers).