Left Cilogear Pack at Colchuck Lake

Ian1216

Left my old Red Cilogear 30L Worksack under a rock at Colchuck Lake due to being forced to descend the backside of Dragontail and not having the time/energy to hike an extra 9 miles to get the pack after we hitchhiked back to the Stuart Lake Trailhead. Won't have time to get it until next weekend and my phone is in it. It is on the very first boulder field under Dragontail and Colchuck; the boulder field by the beach that Colchuck Lake Trail leads directly into. About 3 min across the boulder field there is a HUGE cairn that's impossible to miss. There is a faint trail near this cairn. Walk further down this trail about 50 feet (plus or minus 30 feet) then turn left toward the beach into the boulder field. After going about 30 feet into the boulders, turn right. Walk another 20-50 feet and you will see my pack on your right under a large boulder. I put a big flat rock on top of it. I did not do a good job of hiding it. If you or anyone you know is hiking up there, I will exchange the pack for adult beverage(s) of your choice and quantity, and for some good karma. PM me or email me at docman2012 at g mail dot com if you have any info on the pack. Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, I don't think it'd be worth your while.

The pack has a large hole in it. Plus it had a clif bar in it, so I bet the mice have already torn through the pack. The phone is an old LG flip phone. Even if someone steals the pack, it's probably worth about 30 bucks due to how beat up/old the pack and it's contents are.