• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Deuce

[TR] Ingalls Peak - East Ridge 9/5/2015

Trip: Ingalls Peak - East Ridge

Date: 9/5/2015

Trip Report:

A couple of us were trying to do a climb of Ingalls East Ridge this past weekend. We setup camp Saturday morning and watched as the peak was covered in clouds and high winds. The weather looked far worse than the forecast had predicted.

Deciding to push the climb to Sunday in hopes the weather would be better, we found a rock outcropping and had some fun setting up some new routes. We put up 3 new trad routes (5.6-5.9) that were very fun. All went well. The next morning when we woke up, we discovered about 4" of new snow had fallen during the night. We ate breakfast and went back to the cars, the weather had bested us - and we would not be climbing Ingalls this weekend.

Unfortunately, while driving back to the city, we came to the realization that we had lost a bunch of gear (6ish+ cams, set of nuts, slings, bunch of carabiners, etc) at the rock we were playing on. We realized we had left the rack at the base of this rock. Some of the gear has both green and pink tape and the other gear has red tape on it.

• The GPS coordinate of the gear is here: 47.466761, -120.941196
  • Here is a map with the location marked: CalTopo Map
  • The rock outcropping is about 50 yards NW of the main trail heading to the lake, about 100 yards before a turn off to go back down towards the camp sites.
  • I have attached a photo of the face of the rock we were climbing:

IMG_04292.jpg

IMG_04365.jpg

If you come across our rack, and can get it back to us - I have a 6 pack of beer of your choice with your name on it!

Sounds like a race to pirate booty complete with a treasure map and clues. Arrr!

A six pack?! Six beers?! A couple cases of craft beer should be your starting point.

Probably up for negotiation ;-)

How is this a TR of Ingalls Peak ER? Shouldn't this be in Lost and Found?

I debated on where to put it. Guess it should have gone in both. I wanted people to know about the new snow that area got.

Here is the view of the South side of Stewart from Sunday Morning:

IMG_0438.png

Nah, good beer is far better than cams, I have lots of those by now.  Unless the cams are newer and shinier than mine, then I guess I just found some old beat up cams in that spot you left yours . . .  Also PBR doesn't count.