Need A Climbing Partner For Rainier from 9/7-9/13

Nschwartz

Hello, I'm looking for a climbing partner for Rainier, any time between the 7th of September to the 13th.

The last 3 months i've been a crew leader for a conservation corps in Colorado, and this past 3 weeks i've been working on a trail crew at 13'000 on Mount Bierstadt, so i'm pretty acclimated, and ready to carry whatever extra I can fit in my huge pack to help. I also am a Wilderness First Responder.

I do not have any glacier or alpine experience beyond spending my past 3 summers working on the summit trails of fourteeners (Holy Cross, Maroon Bells) In Colorado.

I've got a 2 person alpine tent, all the gear, blah blah blah. I just need but rope and a climbing partner, so let me know your route, how long you plan on staying, i'm sure we can work something out!

Also, let me know if you are comfortable exploring the ice caves.

You can reach me via email or on my cell phone at 612-232-4666 if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Thanks,

Nick Schwartz

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to check out this report

http://mountrainierconditions.blogspot.com/2015/03/emmons-winthrop-2015.html

We were planning a trip to the Emmons this weekend and bailed due to fresh snow cover on the crevasses. I did the DC a month ago and can tell you if not for the guides' trail the South East side of the mountain would be a route finding nightmare due to all the melted snow bridges.

If you do go, be sure an post the report!