PDX Beer Run Trip Report

dinomyte

So, I suppose this is the right forum to post in. And, I am sure "PDX Beer Run" is copywritten.

Anyway, on Saturday, August 15th, I could not leave town, but needed to get in some mileage.

I hit the gym for a workout, then came home. I live a mile or so from Multnomah Village. I jogged up to MV where I met my wife, mother-in-law and daughter and we watched the Multnomah Days parade.

When that was done, I jogged up to Hillsdale, where Sasquatch Brewing is. It was closed, since it was 11:30am, and I did not want to wait till noon. So I jogged to McMenamins right up the road and had an pint of session IPA. Not bad.

From there, I jogged to Deschutes Brewing in NW Portland and had a pint of Fresh Squeezed.

Then I headed across the Broadway Bridge. I was heading to Ecliptic Brewing, when I passed Ex Novo Brewing. I stopped and had a nice glass of Eliot IPA. (yes, I switched to glasses!). The guys at Ex Novo were great.

I then jogged up past Ecliptic to Stormbreaker brewing and had a glass of their IPA. Pretty good as well!

From there I headed back south, but had to take a bio break at Ex Novo as I jogged back by.

I hit Base Camp Brewing, which apparently only sells pints. I like the facility but am not huge on the beer.

Then, it was on to Baerlic Brewing. Decent stuff there.

I headed south toward Sellwood. On the way, I passed a place that I believe is called Thompson Distillery. Anyway, I guess the makers of Brew Dr. Kombucha distill teas into booze. I tried a few of those as they were doing a free tasting.

Then it was on down to Sellwood, where I intended to meet my wife and daughter for dinner at Laurelwood. Unfortunately, I arrived a half hour early, so I had to go over to Lompoc Oaks Bottom and have a pint of C-Note.

Then, I hit Laurelwood and and had a pint of Workhorse along with my burger and tots.

I think I calculated maybe 17 miles, 6 pints or so, and a litte booze.

I think if I organized, I could probably get a lot of people to join me! But, I'm in Portland, so I'm sure it's already being done.

Sorry, no pics. They would have been all blurry at the end anyway!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

If anyone is up for joining me for round two, I'm going to do it tomorrow. If not for the jog, for the beer.

I will be starting at Sasquatch at noon, then heading to Fat Head's, then to Ecliptic, Burnside, Lucky Lab, and down to Laurelwood.

Should be to Laurelwood in Sellwood around 6:30pm.

I may sneak in Hair of the Dog and Hub if I am making good time.

I managed to hold it all down!

Started at home a little before noon.

Hit Sasquatch Brewing and had a pint of their Woodboy IPA

Headed down to Fat Head's Brewing and had a pint of Head Hunter IPA

Then, across the bridge to Ex Novo and had a glass of Eliot IPA

Just up the street to Ecliptic and a glass of Orbiter IPA

Went south to Lucky Lab on Hawthorne and had a pint of Dog Day (I think!)

Down the road to 13 Virtues where I had a pint of forgettable IPA (not the name - just a description)

And, finally, to Laurelwood where I had a pint of Workhorse IPA and a great burger with the family.

I think 17 miles is pretty accurate. I would recommend waiting at least 6 months between such runs so you forget how sore your quads are afterward.

I was really impressed with Fat Head's. I am oviously an IPA guy, and would like to go back and try their double and triple IPAs. (I avoided those on the jog!)