Northwest Ridge of N. Sister?

Dylan Colon

I am planning an attempt of a Three Sisters traverse, north to south, in the coming week or two.

For aesthetic reasons purely, I was thinking of starting with the northwest ridge of North Sister, so as to effetively "trace the skyline" of the three mountains, north to south, climbing the north ridge and descending the south ridge of all three.

The question is, is the northwest ridge of N. Sister unreasonably dangerous when not snow and ice covered, compared to the south ridge (which I have been on, and yeah, it's pretty loose)? Is this a bad idea, or not too unreasonable? I was thinking I would not climb the north side of Prouty (that does look too loose, especially unroped), and using the bowling alley for the way up and down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is you're not getting any responses since very few have done it in late season conditions. Based on poking around off route a bit, I'd wager that it's considerably more effort and more dangerous than the standard route. Certainly let us know what you find.