Water Below Burgundy Col

ajpederson

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there this weekend in hot and dry weather, saw a few flies that followed us up every pitch of climbing however they did not bite, and I personally did not see a single mosquito the whole weekend. Weather was changing a bit when we hiked out on Sunday though and it was starting to feel a bit buggier. Water is flowing at the bench and there is a bit of snow still if you drop down the backside of the col.

Was there yesterday and didn´t see any snow on the backside of Burgandy Col. I think you would have to work to try to find water in that area. The spring at Bench Camp is still flowing pretty strong. Got caught in a lightning storm on the descent. Had a couple of strikes about a half mile down the valley. When we got to the car we noticed a new fire a couple of drainages down valley. Hopefully it will die out but it could be a problem.

We did Burgandy. Didn´t look like there was much snow at all. I can´t say about Rebel Yell. But I can say that I´ve done Rebel Yell in September years back and there was much more snow and we didn´t touch snow to get to the base. My guess is the snow that is left will be pretty hard.

Thanks for the beta! I did Rebel Yell in September '13. We brought axes and crossed a couple hard snow fields, taking the most direct route to the base. Did not appear they could be easily avoided without some techy scrambling and loss of elevation. There was also water available on that side, on that trip.