you ran my sleeping bag up the trail? (07/30/13)

notsure

On about that date above, I was assembling my pack in the white river campground parking lot headed for the Emmons glacier.

Somehow, when I turned my back, my sleeping bag rolled away quietly (refusing a summit attempt) and it went unaccounted for as I closed up my pack.

Off I went. I'd say two or three miles up the trail, you came jogging up with sweat beading off your brow, asking if someone had lost a sleeping bag?

I immediately recognized my bag, and was in a mild state of shock that you found it and were now placing it back in my hand. Reeling a bit, I remember thanking you, but didn't have the wherewithal to ask for your number or email so I could at least buy you a 6 pack of your favorite beverage, or something similar.

So if you're out there...let me know? (you know the color and make of the sleeping bag)

That was huge, you saved my bacon! Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Taking into account the item, and his effort to get it back to you, I would have offered more than a 6-pack.

Perhaps, like the widow in the temple, a six pack is all he has to his name (aside from climbing gear), and he's offering all he has in gratitude.

Fair enough, I'll give you that.