Did You Lose a Big Cam on Dreamer (G.G.B.)?

Buckaroo

EmKay and I climbed Dreamer on Green Giant Buttress in Darrington on Thursday June 25th.

On the Blue Crack 6th pitch I was leading and found a fairly new large cam left in the crack. It was sort of over-cammed but not that bad. It took about a minute to get it to come out. It was left without a biner so guessing it was a rookie following that couldn't get it out.

I already have one this size and brand and hardly ever use it, so don't need to keep it as an extra.

Identify the cam BY PRIVATE MESSAGE, and you can have it back for a 6 pack of micro brews, prefer an IPA.

The cam was probably left guessing between Sat the 20th and Wed the 24th of June.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How nice!

"If I wanted this cam I would keep it, but since I don't, you could pay me to get it back."

Will you deliver?

If whoever lost it ID's it I'll return it, otherwise I'll keep it. A six pack is about a tenth of what it's worth. It's just a finders fee, are you not familiar with this? How long have you been climbing? Since two days ago?

from a post in the thread, and I agree

""If a piece is buried in a crack, or I can tell it was unable to be retrieved because of inexperience, I grab it. That's booty. Bail biners are booty. Gear left laying around I turn into a local shop. Gear that was likely used to bail or from a rescue- that is gear that has been properly placed and was easy to retrieve, I'll turn it in or post it up or both.""

""It's rather simple. If you know how to place gear properly, then you know when gear wasn't placed properly and so was unable to be retrieved by the inexperienced party that placed it. If they knew what they were doing, then it wouldn't still be there overcammed or buried in a crack. I don't feel bad about bootying that gear. Project draws and bail/rescue gear is not booty.""

Did I mistakenly post in Spray? All I'm getting is trolls.

and furthermore I don't even drink beer, so that is only for my friends when they come over and hang out.

B.S., you would have requested IPA then as the beer type you requested is currently out of favor with the populous :)

I think you are getting the trolls because you come off as a d-bag for asking for a reward. Obviously, you are due a six-pack and any climber worth anything would give you a six pack and smoke you out without you asking for it.

Edited by shapp

and furthermore I don't even drink beer, so that is only for my friends when they come over and hang out.

B.S., you would have requested IPA then as the beer type you requested is currently out of favor with the populous :)

I think you are getting the trolls because you come off as a d-bag for asking for a reward. Obviously, you are due a six-pack and any climber worth anything would give you a six pack and smoke you out without you asking for it.

:lmao:

Sorry, don't keep up with the favored beer types. So let's change that to IPA. Used to drink about a 6 pack a year but don't even do that anymore because it adversely affects the knee replacement.

Regardless of the mass trolling this thread is receiving I'm sure the person that lost the cam will appreciate getting it back. If no one shows up I'll donate it to some indebted student, or someone trying to raise more than one kid.

I think you come across as a D-bag simply because of this:

I already have one this size and brand and hardly ever use it, so don't need to keep it as an extra.

If you had left out the reason you don't care to keep it you would have sounded like a good Samaritan instead.

If you had left out the reason you don't care to keep it you would have sounded like a good Samaritan instead.

honesty never got anyone anywhere.

maybe there is a lost and found thread on a mountaineers website. as a bonus, you know how to word the posting.

Yeah, re reading this you could be right. It assumes the law of booty, that if you can't clean it then someone else gets it.

We have a new lead though. Does anyone know a woman climber named Jade from Vancouver?

To be clear, I have no problem with the law of booty but it's all in the presentation.

Knowing that it's a female from Vancouver means that yoga pants are probably involved. You should rescind your offer of a trade for beer and make it a straight booty-for-booty trade.