Old people suck

billcoe

The are forgetful and always talking about their health issues and broken body parts.

(begin old people noise) Been trying to rehab my shoulder (HEALTH ISSUE RAMBLING ALERT)surgery cause about every tendon everywhere near it was ripped to shit, both shoulders). Not too successfully, but getting out a bit now. Was just looking on my phone and I see a recent picture of Ujahn and I. (COMMENCE OLD PEOPLE FORGETTING ISSUE THINGY) I'm wondering, where the heck is that? No memory. I know it's recent cause it's near the top and sandwiched in some places I remember. (/ old people noise)

I went to Yos with Ujahn last month. From the photo it looks like fun, and that's why I'm sharing it.

Old_people_suck.jpg

If I had my glasses on I'd be close to looking like Grandpa Simpson.

500px-abraham_simpson.png

Maybe a couple more years and some mileage on me I'll be there for sure. Otherwise, I just suck.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, at least you got to climb in Yosemite. Was there for the first time a month ago and it was raining the whole time. Anyway, glad you're getting out! Didn't want to ask anymore "how's your shoulder" because it never seemed to get better. Would love to hit up the traversing wall at RB with you...if you can still handle 5.7. :poke:

Edited by Lodestone

if you can still handle 5.7. :poke:

Ouch:-) LOL! I'll tie in with you any day Chad! Of course you get the hard pitches haha.

I went to see the surgeon who had cut and stitched me before heading to Yos as it still hurt, and she gave me the juice (steroid) in the shoulder shot. She said, come see in 6 months and I'll give you another one if it still hurts. I've dropped 10 lbs since starting to work out again, so it's coming back .... although slowly.

Adam Winslow showed up too (he'd moved to Santa Barbra), and it was like old home week. One day they wanted to take a rest day. The rest day consisted of hiking up North Dome Gully over to the top of Royal Arches, then up and cross country bushwhacking to about the mid elevation of North Dome, the over to top of the Falls trail then down to the valley floor on a real hot day. Thinking 11-12 miles maybe. Most of it was a blur except for where Ujahn and I did the George Kennedy move on Clint Eastwood in the Eiger Sanction and had hidden 3 Sierra Nevada pale ales in the bottom of Adams pack. We fished them out at a particularly thirsty moment after a lot of elevation gain. Adam was a good sport and we all laughed as we quaffed. Adam even insisted on carrying the empties out. Haha - good times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...