Oregon today

olyclimber

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't see the vid, but does it start out "smoke em if ya got em"? As of today, Oregon laws on pot possession all but became nill (decriminalized). Not a smoker here but know lots of folks who are. Means lots of real good and honest honorable folks whom I know and climb with are no longer criminals. About time.

Long overdue. We still have too many other bad laws, time to get a few more off the books.

I'm in business to make money not provide charity employment and health insurance. Between Smokey McAshtray and Captain Marathon I'll take the latter. Enjoy your stogies and bong rips, the freedom ship is full steam ahead, tally-ho!!!!

I'm in business to make money not provide charity employment and health insurance. Between Smokey McAshtray and Captain Marathon I'll take the latter. Enjoy your stogies and bong rips, the freedom ship is full steam ahead, tally-ho!!!!

I'm also a businessman, and a tradesman, and have worked for, alongside, and had work for me any number of substance users and/or abusers. Alcoholics show up sluggish and ornery, get better after a snack at 10 or so, then start getting pissy again around 2-3 in the afternoon and fall apart after that. So you can count on maybe 4 solid hours from 'em. Smokers have to stop and smoke every 45 minutes, totally disrupting the rhythm and momentum of the day, stink up the jobsite and make the whole crew look (smell) unprofessional. Tweekers are the first ones on the jobsite in the morning, bust ass all morning long, fade at lunch, are always late back from lunch (usually REALLY late), then bust ass again until quitting time..... except for all their ass-busting, they don't actually ever manage to accomplish anything and when they do, it's usually all fucked up and has to be fixed. And they steal everyone's shit. Potheads, like smokers (and they're usually smokers too), also have to stop to toke throughout the day, are slow and stupid, but generally fairly methodical and don't fuck shit up too much.

Then you've got your non-drug-using worker... me. I'm the only one I've ever met.

I dont tolerate any drug use on my jobsite. I know pot smokers are gonna show up baked, toke at lunch, and will be hitting it at some point mid-afternoon if it's not an early day.... there's not a whole lot I can do about that. What a person does on their time off is none of my business, so long as it's not affecting performance on the job (meth, alcoholism, et al)... so if I drug test my guys and they fail for cannabis.... It's not necessarily an instant termination. How the hell do I know if it's from this morning or last night? I just tested a guy a couple weeks ago, 'cause I thought he was tweeking... he wasn't. Totally clean, except for cannabis.. I apologized to him for the accusation and he continued to work for me. No more energy drinks for that guy, though.

Stoned is the pothead's "normal," so I have mixed feelings about it. I'm not gonna tolerate use on the jobsite, and if I think someone is "impaired," they're gone.. but if being SOBER is going to "impair" you more than being stoned, and you're squared away stoned... quality talent is more important to me than no-tolerance. Don't ask, don't tell, in that case.