Go Bernie

kevbone

Good Planet Money episode recently on why we can't bet on elections (in America). Historically, when betting on elections was permitted, the odds proved to be quite accurate in predicting the eventual winner.

I believe there are gambling houses across the pond that do offer odds on our elections, however - anybody see any odds on ol' Bern they'd be willing to share?

Aside: I donate five dollars to Bernie's campaign for every negative comment from KK, so keep at it, chum!

Edited by astrov

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and yup, plenty of old candidates across the board - the reality is politics is all about connections, and making them thare connections takes a lot of time - is this some sort of new human political development? i think not :)

Reagan was the oldest elected president and folks made a big deal about it during his campaign and afterwards. It *is* new and unusual in American politics to have older candidate running and this race in particular is replete with old codgers. Keep trying, Ivan.

again, I don't we're really arguing - Bernie's indeed old

but then the average age of members of congress is rising as well

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2013/01/average_age_of_members_of_u_s_congress_are_our_senators_and_representatives.html

Also, remember when Clinton was elected - and how folks made a big deal about the WWII generation being finally replaced? And they also made a big deal about his unusual youth (on par with JFK)?

Perhaps this will be a one time thing and next time around we'll be back to younger candidates (45-55).

From Ben Carson we can learn so much about opportunities in America. We can, for example, learn that in America it's possible to be an ignorant hick and still be a surgeon.

He's neither ignorant nor a hick.

And probably has a solid 100 IQ points above yours. :wave:

Probably I would have hard time calling any black dude "a hick", but the fact he is either ignorant or lacks spine and is a total populist.instead of acting as an educated healthcare professional, his response made me question his ethics to the very core. Trump and all the anti-vaccine wackos should be simply ridiculed without hesitation. Anyone not condoning these statements flat out is only propagating this baseless bullshit about vaccines causing autism. NO THEY FUCKING DON'T!!!!! There is not a single double blind study showing other wise. If such things are not flat out ridiculed, the very next thing we will find out, that the Earth if flat and it's the center of the known Universe. Not only Carlson failed, but in that one moment he threw away his entire career as a physician. Rand Paul was not any better.

From Ben Carson we can learn so much about opportunities in America. We can, for example, learn that in America it's possible to be an ignorant hick and still be a surgeon.

Probably I would have hard time calling any black dude "a hick", but the fact he is either ignorant or lacks spine and is a total populist.instead of acting as an educated healthcare professional, his response made me question his ethics to the very core. Trump and all the anti-vaccine wackos should be simply ridiculed without hesitation. Anyone not condoning these statements flat out is only propagating this baseless bullshit about vaccines causing autism. NO THEY FUCKING DON'T!!!!! There is not a single double blind study showing other wise. If such things are not flat out ridiculed, the very next thing we will find out, that the Earth if flat and it's the center of the known Universe. Not only Carlson failed, but in that one moment he threw away his entire career as a physician. Rand Paul was not any better.

They could have read off Bernie Sander's script and you'd have the same opinion of them. Why even pretend you are listening? LOL

They could have read off Bernie Sander's script and you'd have the same opinion of them. Why even pretend you are listening? LOL

Are you actually THIS stupid? Sanders has record. Record of voting and record of actions. Carlson has ZERO public record. The only thing he had, was his word and integrity. This just proved his integrity is totally fucked. And having no record, he is just a liability.