Go Bernie

kevbone

So what exactly qualifies him for presidency? He does not have any education in law, sociology, economics or finance, and never served a day in a public office. He is as qualified as someone who pours concrete or repair cars for living.

Good question, and actually a legitimate question and concern.

I'm only countering those who says he's a "dumb hick" and the other nonsense. A civil questioning of the man's qualifications is legit.

Have a good weekend

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway traffic on the internet is such a fickle thing. Anyone care to guess when we had our peak usage? Which event?

how random, i was just opinining on this very subject over in the everest thread

clearly it was the great tauntaun disaster on the n face of hood in two-double-ought....uh...uh...shit, how long ago WAS that? :)

Ding ding...there is nothing like a mountaineering accident to fluff up the traffic. Esp. when the climbers were discussing the route before hand here and then the media links us.

Yeah we haven't done a great job at keeping this place on the latest web 3.0 platform. The forum software we use here is definitely a relic of history. There are reasons for it, but those reasons are really excuses, for which there is no excuse...so I'm not going to bother.

Here is another site you might enjoy:

http://www.warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

We also haven't sold the site to the numerous people that have offered to buy the place cover it with ads. Sorry. Maybe we should?

And about asking people to be more civil with the hopes that it might encourage more people to post....yeah, sorry about that too. I really had a secret motive...you know...to make the site more civil and stuff? That it maybe might not be the bitter internet troll hideout?

I just don't get people who insist on pounding away online with negativity, who don't seem to display a redeeming shred of humor, decency, or compassion. Its like your life is so bad that you have to drag other down into your sorry little shithole. That is just sad. So I just ask those people to go express their pain elsewhere. If you want to participate put something else in the URL of your browser and go there.

Anyway traffic on the internet is such a fickle thing. Anyone care to guess when we had our peak usage? Which event?

Ironically one of the members here recently said he "fucked my mom". Whatever the point of your civility post was is either lost or lip service. I'm not here to say negative things, in fact, I enjoy a good debate. Unfortunately it usually degenerates into profanity by the people you tend to agree with.

Anyhow, I see you have a pile of excuses you're working through so I'll let you get back to them without any more interruption.

For crying out loud - The Shrub went to Yale. Using that as a yardstick..........

You have got to be kidding, right?

W had a C average, and had nothing distinguishing about his career.

Ben Carson, to recap...

Carson was a professor of neurosurgery, oncology, plastic surgery, and pediatrics, and he was the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital.[15] At 33, he became the youngest major division director in the hospital's history as director of pediatric neurosurgery. He was also a co-director of the Johns Hopkins Craniofacial Center.

Carson specialized in traumatic brain injuries, brain and spinal cord tumors, achondroplasia, neurological and congenital disorders, craniosynostosis, epilepsy, and trigeminal neuralgia.[15]

Your comment makes you look more like W than Ben Carson, Jim. Just sayin'.

Who gives a flying fuck about his past. He publicly endorsed fringe lunacy theory, and denied science, just to cater to people who choose to believe the Earth is 6000 years old. That shows a complete lack of integrity.

The GOP has created this bat-shit crazy moron show - a moronic version of the running of the bulls. Yea, free speech. Except sometimes you lay too good a foundation...... Wacko Speech

So what would you call the Democrat side? There isn't a show at all. You have a geriatric communist who's been a Democrat as long as Trump's been a Republican and what'shername under investigation by the FBI. Maybe if the DNC would allow some debates Elizabeth Warren could explain why she lied about having native American ancestry.

Yeah we haven't done a great job at keeping this place on the latest web 3.0 platform. The forum software we use here is definitely a relic of history. There are reasons for it, but those reasons are really excuses, for which there is no excuse...so I'm not going to bother.

Here is another site you might enjoy:

http://www.warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

We also haven't sold the site to the numerous people that have offered to buy the place cover it with ads. Sorry. Maybe we should?

And about asking people to be more civil with the hopes that it might encourage more people to post....yeah, sorry about that too. I really had a secret motive...you know...to make the site more civil and stuff? That it maybe might not be the bitter internet troll hideout?

I just don't get people who insist on pounding away online with negativity, who don't seem to display a redeeming shred of humor, decency, or compassion. Its like your life is so bad that you have to drag other down into your sorry little shithole. That is just sad. So I just ask those people to go express their pain elsewhere. If you want to participate put something else in the URL of your browser and go there.

Ironically one of the members here recently said he "fucked my mom". Whatever the point of your civility post was is either lost or lip service. I'm not here to say negative things, in fact, I enjoy a good debate. Unfortunately it usually degenerates into profanity by the people you tend to agree with.

Anyhow, I see you have a pile of excuses you're working through so I'll let you get back to them without any more interruption.

Sorry man, one of my excuses is that I don't have time to read everything is posted here. And if I had the time, I wouldn't. Apparently you do?

I'm trying to understand: are you saying that my call for civility was a bad thing? At any rate, a "call" is just an ask. It obviously isn't going to work for us to censor everything. But I fail to see why asking that is a bad thing, even if it fails.

"People you tend to agree with". Please don't pretend that you know me. You don't know me anymore than I know you. How do you know I don't agree with you most of the time?

So what would you call the Democrat side? There isn't a show at all. You have a geriatric communist who's been a Democrat as long as Trump's been a Republican and what'shername under investigation by the FBI. Maybe if the DNC would allow some debates Elizabeth Warren could explain why she lied about having native American ancestry.

So who is your pick? Is there an actually viable candidate worthy of election in this race?

That "geriatric communist".....he is only 5 years older than Trump. Not saying I think he would make a great president, but it is always interesting when someone runs based on honesty over politics. Super rare.

Unfortunately there isn't a person running who strikes me as a good candidate to lead this country right now.

That whole Warren thing I had never heard of...weird stuff! And the Cherokees seem to want to call her one of their own???

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2012/09/27/the-fight-over-elizabeth-warrens-heritage-explained/

how random, i was just opinining on this very subject over in the everest thread

clearly it was the great tauntaun disaster on the n face of hood in two-double-ought....uh...uh...shit, how long ago WAS that? :)

Ding ding...there is nothing like a mountaineering accident to fluff up the traffic. Esp. when the climbers were discussing the route before hand here and then the media links us.

the best part, long lost down the memory hole and just a few months before, was that i told that boy he was going to die out here w/ his asshole attitude :)

So who is your pick? Is there an actually viable candidate worthy of election in this race?

That "geriatric communist".....he is only 5 years older than Trump. Not saying I think he would make a great president, but it is always interesting when someone runs based on honesty over politics. Super rare.

Unfortunately there isn't a person running who strikes me as a good candidate to lead this country right now.

That whole Warren thing I had never heard of...weird stuff! And the Cherokees seem to want to call her one of their own???

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2012/09/27/the-fight-over-elizabeth-warrens-heritage-explained/

I don't have a pick, at this rate I'll stay home. You're probably right that Sanders is more honest than other candidates but he lacks leadership ability and his everything-for-free platform is expensive and naive.

I did enjoy the Kabuki Theater that is the Trump show last night on 60 minutes -- the answer for most questions on how he would pay for his proposals was -- we'll have such an economic surge it will pay for everything!

And he's going to build a "beautiful" wall across the Mexican border.

...and that Congress and Putin will listen to him because he they will respect him. Ho boy.

I fully support people with a demonstrated lack of compassion and analytical firepower not voting.

I'm more than happy to vote for them.

Thank you for not doing as much damage to the rest of us as you could!

They'll be coming for you next? Or are you talkin' that maybe it's gonna be Nixon for the 2016 Presidential win as these folks suggest? Or are you sure that's not just subtle racism? Let have a test before folks can vote?

[video:youtube]

I'll vote for any candidate who doesn't

• Want to defund Planned Parenthood
  • Deny or downplay science related to Climate Change
  • Want to start a new war

Basically no R's thanks, and voting third party is just silly. While the D's may not be A+, they're better than the alternative.

When did the executive branch start passing tax bills or declaring war?

Basically no R's thanks, and voting third party is just silly. While the D's may not be A+, they're better than the alternative.

Planned Parenthood does serve a useful purpose worhty of funding if it keeps AlpineK from reproducing. Fund it! :grlaf:

our 3rd president, tommy jeff, a feller i'm bound to respect for founding my college, started our 1st war w/o congressional approval - his example has been honored in the observance far more than the ignoring.

CF and BC sure talk a lot about defunding PP based on bad interpretations of faulty videos.

The last Bush started wars then submitted fake evidence to congress about WMD