Go Bernie

kevbone

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except we're stuck with Sleepy on the SCOTUS. He does real damage.

Carson's just a cameo on a short run sitcom. We won't have to listen to Dr. Dumbass much longer.

We should compare graduate degrees. Dr. Carson went to Yale and was head of Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins. Where is your graduate degree from and in what subject?

Well welcome back then.

If you look in the TR section, which is really what these forums are about, the TRs continue to come in, and some of great quality...FA reports even. See what Eric and Rolf just did for example. Sorry you missed it.

Yes we go through slow periods and over all the site is down in use compared to past years. But the lights are still on and the TRs continue to come in.

I have not banned anyone in years other than Chinese spammers. I have let a few people know that would prefer that they change the tone of their contributions or move on, but it was really just an ask.

I actually like seeing most people come back after they left in a huff. It just proves that there is something about this site that they can't get somewhere else.

Glad you are getting some laughter out of the deal and don't care if it is with or at us. There are occasionally funny things posted here (not as much as from earlier days for sure). If the latter though, remember that laughter at people doesn't quite work the same way in that regard when they say that it is "the best medicine". :P

Maybe you could write another post about how you're changing the standards for civility around here to improve traffic. Or was it that FB and Reddit stole your traffic? Either way, I respect your determination to rock your 2003 platform! You're almost a hero...almost.

Except we're stuck with Sleepy on the SCOTUS. He does real damage.

Carson's just a cameo on a short run sitcom. We won't have to listen to Dr. Dumbass much longer.

We should compare graduate degrees. Dr. Carson went to Yale and was head of Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins. Where is your graduate degree from and in what subject?

"graduate level coursework" LOL!

If you look in the TR section, which is really what these forums are about, the TRs continue to come in, and some of great quality...FA reports even. See what Eric and Rolf just did for example. Sorry you missed it.

+1 on TRs. The FA on Triumph was pretty damn cool. Shit, that approach is quite the workout just to tag the standard NE ridge, but to go that far to plunge into the unknown... AND THEN descend a different/unfamiliar way. Ballers.

Education never discriminated between cool people and assholes. Having a degree does not mean you are a good person.

He's not claiming that. He's countering our local Cliff Claven's idiotic assertions about Carson.

For crying out loud - The Shrub went to Yale. Using that as a yardstick..........

You have got to be kidding, right?

W had a C average, and had nothing distinguishing about his career.

Ben Carson, to recap...

Carson was a professor of neurosurgery, oncology, plastic surgery, and pediatrics, and he was the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital.[15] At 33, he became the youngest major division director in the hospital's history as director of pediatric neurosurgery. He was also a co-director of the Johns Hopkins Craniofacial Center.

Carson specialized in traumatic brain injuries, brain and spinal cord tumors, achondroplasia, neurological and congenital disorders, craniosynostosis, epilepsy, and trigeminal neuralgia.[15]

Your comment makes you look more like W than Ben Carson, Jim. Just sayin'.

For crying out loud - The Shrub went to Yale. Using that as a yardstick..........

Ben Carson, to recap...

Carson was a professor of neurosurgery, oncology, plastic surgery, and pediatrics, and he was the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital.[15] At 33, he became the youngest major division director in the hospital's history as director of pediatric neurosurgery. He was also a co-director of the Johns Hopkins Craniofacial Center.

Carson specialized in traumatic brain injuries, brain and spinal cord tumors, achondroplasia, neurological and congenital disorders, craniosynostosis, epilepsy, and trigeminal neuralgia.[15]

Like I said before. There's folks with degrees up the ying-yang. They may be intelligent, but not so bright. Carson falls into this category.

you geniuses have got this covered.

Let's go caving, Big Man.

all the kewl ones are down here, so get in the scarab

oct 9-12 I'm going back to tower rock and a date w/ destiny - you wanna blow yer big-wall doors off, you should come w/ - it's sorta/kinda half way between you n' me - 600 feet of strenuous jugging right off the bat, and then it gets worse :)

Yet you are still here despite the 2003 platform. Never claimed to be a hero at anything.

What have you contributed to this place? Why do you keep coming back?

Other than to be a snide little troll, that is.

Well welcome back then.

Yes we go through slow periods and over all the site is down in use compared to past years. But the lights are still on and the TRs continue to come in.

I have not banned anyone in years other than Chinese spammers. I have let a few people know that would prefer that they change the tone of their contributions or move on, but it was really just an ask.

I actually like seeing most people come back after they left in a huff. It just proves that there is something about this site that they can't get somewhere else.

Glad you are getting some laughter out of the deal and don't care if it is with or at us. There are occasionally funny things posted here (not as much as from earlier days for sure). If the latter though, remember that laughter at people doesn't quite work the same way in that regard when they say that it is "the best medicine". :P

Maybe you could write another post about how you're changing the standards for civility around here to improve traffic. Or was it that FB and Reddit stole your traffic? Either way, I respect your determination to rock your 2003 platform! You're almost a hero...almost.

Ben Carson, to recap...

Who gives a flying fuck about his past. He publicly endorsed fringe lunacy theory, and denied science, just to cater to people who choose to believe the Earth is 6000 years old. That shows a complete lack of integrity.

you geniuses have got this covered.

Let's go caving, Big Man.

all the kewl ones are down here, so get in the scarab

oct 9-12 I'm going back to tower rock and a date w/ destiny - you wanna blow yer big-wall doors off, you should come w/ - it's sorta/kinda half way between you n' me - 600 feet of strenuous jugging right off the bat, and then it gets worse :)

While in grad school I was stupid enough to help my bat researcher friends - their motto - "if you can get your head thru it you can get your body thru it". But what if you have a fat head like me? One of the many: http://caves.org/grotto/mongrotto/hell_hole.htm

Ben Carson, to recap...

Who gives a flying fuck about his past. He publicly endorsed fringe lunacy theory, and denied science, just to cater to people who choose to believe the Earth is 6000 years old. That shows a complete lack of integrity.

The GOP has created this bat-shit crazy moron show - a moronic version of the running of the bulls. Yea, free speech. Except sometimes you lay too good a foundation...... Wacko Speech

Yeah we haven't done a great job at keeping this place on the latest web 3.0 platform. The forum software we use here is definitely a relic of history. There are reasons for it, but those reasons are really excuses, for which there is no excuse...so I'm not going to bother.

Here is another site you might enjoy:

http://www.warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

We also haven't sold the site to the numerous people that have offered to buy the place cover it with ads. Sorry. Maybe we should?

And about asking people to be more civil with the hopes that it might encourage more people to post....yeah, sorry about that too. I really had a secret motive...you know...to make the site more civil and stuff? That it maybe might not be the bitter internet troll hideout?

I just don't get people who insist on pounding away online with negativity, who don't seem to display a redeeming shred of humor, decency, or compassion. Its like your life is so bad that you have to drag other down into your sorry little shithole. That is just sad. So I just ask those people to go express their pain elsewhere. If you want to participate put something else in the URL of your browser and go there.

Anyway traffic on the internet is such a fickle thing. Anyone care to guess when we had our peak usage? Which event?

Ben Carson, to recap...

So what exactly qualifies him for presidency? He does not have any education in law, sociology, economics or finance, and never served a day in a public office. He is as qualified as someone who pours concrete or repair cars for living.

Anyway traffic on the internet is such a fickle thing. Anyone care to guess when we had our peak usage? Which event?

how random, i was just opinining on this very subject over in the everest thread

clearly it was the great tauntaun disaster on the n face of hood in two-double-ought....uh...uh...shit, how long ago WAS that? :)

So what exactly qualifies him for presidency? He does not have any education in law, sociology, economics or finance, and never served a day in a public office. He is as qualified as someone who pours concrete or repair cars for living.

he's 35, a natural-born citizen n' a resident of 'merica for the last 14 years? :)

plato seemed rather convinced a ruler had no more requirements than a fine appreciation of philosophy, but that sure as shit ain't stood up to rigorous testing , naw? :)

how random, i was just opinining on this very subject over in the everest thread

clearly it was the great tauntaun disaster on the n face of hood in two-double-ought....uh...uh...shit, how long ago WAS that? :)

The climbing for Jesus thread?