Lost Tent Poles on Emmons / Interglacier

.chad

While descending Mount Rainier on Sunday 6/14, a green bag containing tent poles for a Hilleberg Nallo 2 was dropped somewhere between Camp Schurman (9500 ft) and the toe of Interglacier (6700 ft). The route we took from Schurman descended the lower Emmons before crossing over to Interglacier around 8800 ft. We then descended on the Interglacier side of the ridge to a minor notch on the ridge, just southwest of Mount Ruth, around 8600 ft. (This notch is lower than Camp Curtis.) We took a short break at this notch and then continued down to the toe of Interglacier (6700 ft), passing prominent rocky outcroppings in the central glacier on the west side.

My guess is the poles are most likely at the notch near Ruth (or the snow on/around it), or else somewhere on Interglacier below this notch. This area gets a pretty decent amount of traffic so hopefully if the poles are there someone will see them. A lone trekking pole (silver/yellow/green in color, if I recall) might also be found nearby the tent poles.

If found, please respond here and/or pm me.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic