Alpine or Trad 6/18-6/20

Greetings. I have Thursday through Saturday free next week and I would like to go climb a mountain, or several. Washington Pass is the first place that comes to mind as I would like to climb several routs on the Liberty Bell massif as well as wanting to climb Cutthroat and Silver Star. Or I would be interested in the North Face of Shuksan, or any number of other alpine objectives. I am open to suggestions but probably not excited about a pure glacier slog.

I have been alpine climbing for about 8 years although for the last couple of them other responsibilities have kept these pursuits on the back burner. I spent a couple of years dirt-bagging and a couple of seasons guiding. I am generally comfortable and fast on not-really-technical terrain and happy to solo 4th class and climb 55-degree snow with one alpine axe. I don't mind bushwhacking and I have been to several of the most remote spots in Washington. I haven't been climbing much trad yet this summer so probably need to stick to 5.7 or less in the mountains. I am primarily interested in longish aesthetic routs to summits more than hard technical climbs.

I live in Bellingham and I have pretty much all the relevant toys, along with a reliable old Honda accord. Would love to find a few regular partners to get out with this summer. I have a list of projects that I am not all that serious about and I would probably be up for your ideas. Drop me a line.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic