bat hook?

ivan

naw, not the kind adam west used...the other kind i heard tell of, but never saw in person, the type you'd use for aiding on a drilled hole - i've used a talon hook for this purpose, but there's gotta be somethign w/ a longer proboscis that'd make the experience a good deal less sketch.

anybody gotta a picture, the google ain't helping me much? :)

willing to buy, if'n you got one or a side interest in iron-mongery...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, just bumped your thread in partners. You need a workout tomorrow after work?:-)

PS, Ivans looking to stuff it into a shallow drilled hole - that Captain hook wouldn't fit into a bathook hole. PS, I have one for rent if anyone wants:-) It's crazy heavy. The pointy leeper and Modified Grappling hooks do the trick. Both the Petzl and Grivel make pointy hooks too. Kyle has some Brad Jarrod ground donw/modded BD's that would do the trick I'd bet.

Mine looked something like this till I got liquered up and slathered paint all over the shit.

Hooks_and_beaks_resized.jpg

if'n yer willing to part w/ a pair, i got cash money to lay on the barrel head :)

the when's whenever, though i'd like to put them to good use over the summer - the where's the fabulous renton granite of course :grin:

Yo, if your looking for something special for standard ¼” diameter BAT hook holes Pika makes (or made) a BAT hook that has a split in the tip, the idea is lot like a split shaft button head bolt, I have one around somewhere, almost never keep in on my wall rack.. Just extra weight, the smallest leg on the BD talon hook is designed for BAT hooking, no need for it to be more secure, if in good rock BAT hooking is so damn secure in the first place, even when its overhanging and the legs of the hooks don’t touch the wall, it wont fail.

Pika hook

The pointed Logan Hook is also an option, they are available through runoutcustoms. logan hook

If you speaking of drilled holes with a diameter of 3/8” or ½” (sometimes called pilot holes, like bilcoes photo) a set of filed BD grappling hooks are the most sustainable option next to filling the pilot hole with a bolt or rivet.

grapling_hooks.jpg