Freddy Meyer U-Scan versus regular human checkout

allison

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm completely against the U-scan check out lines. Takes away jobs. I work my butt off, stressed out trying to make deadlines and commitments so it's the least I want to do is figure out the code for an avocado. Someone who knows what they're doing is indispensable.

I've heard on NPR that in Texas there is thumb print technology to pay for groceries.

they have them at QFC too, where it is often a lot faster. you have to be careful: if i put my bike helmet in the basket and then take it out it tells me to scan the thing and then locks up(it has a scale under where you put the basket so it knows when you've taken something out.)

ALLISON I FIND it slightly ironic that you are using machines that take away from fellow union workers. what if they started to have robot perform your job? and wha if i told you that those machines where manufactured in china....where the oppresed worker has no orgainzed labor union.

hmmmmmmmm

I avoid the U-scan thingers like a disease!!!! Can you see me with my 20 things 2 kids yelling and me pulling my hair out... no F'ing thank you. I like to chit chat with the checker, and my boys are so cute and good they almost always get a sticker. If it ain't broke don't fix it wink.gif

I was expecting to get flamed for using a machine to check out my groceries. I also pump my own gas. So sue me.

Nearly all grocery stores in this area are unionized, and I think Freddy is, so the auto-checkout would have been for sure a negotiated item. If I am mistaken about Fred Meyer being a union grocery store, someone speak up, as it's not exactly hard to go to one that is. FYI Whole Foods is definitely NOT a union store, and I don't know about Trader Joe but would doubt it.