WTB McHale Backpack

permnation

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a kelty specrra cloud 6500 pack for sale.

I have a few kelty spectra packs I am holding onto, but might sell if the price is right.

If you are talking about my spectra McHale pack, you better have very, very deep pockets if you want to buy it.

Owning a bunch of spectra/dyneema packs, I think I am qualified to describe their merits. They are a bit lighter than nylon. They are quite a bit more abrasion resistant than nylon. They are a whole lot more expensive than nylon. If you really need those qualities, but a spectra pack, otherwise nylon is fine.

Edited by lopgok

Have you used a McHale pack? The one complaint that I have heard over and over again is that it carries the weight too well. You don't realize how heavy it is until you are down the trail (meaning how much stuff you put in it).

The packs are very well designed and made. I suspect that if you used one for a bit, then you would get it.

Edited by MistDaemon

Well, all I can say is that I really like McHale packs and I have used mine a lot. People who have his packs really like them, so perhaps if you tried one, you would like it, but it seems like you have made up your mind without using it, which is your choice.

Part of the problem is that when people look at packs, they don't really think about what it should be. Soft foam seems nice in the store, but it does not make sense in reality.