Denali West Buttress 2016

jfreeburg

My team of three is looking to expand our team for a West Buttress attempt next year. We are three brothers who have committed to this project and we'd like to bring on a few more climbers or join another rope team. We will be doing a series of training climbs over the next year and we'd like to have potential partners join us on one of those climbs to ensure we are a good fit. Our next training climb is mid-June. Location TBD but will likely be Grade III.

Our Denali plan is a late May start (one of us is a teacher) on snowshoes.

We are relatively experienced - 40+ glacier climbs between us.

Happy to grab a beer with you to discuss further. I live in Seattle and work in Olympia so anywhere nearby is ideal. One brother lives in Kenmore (the other is in San Jose), so those are options as well.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still looking for partners. I've sent private messages to the folks who replied so far, but haven't heard anything back. Perhaps old fashioned cell phones are better? Text me at 206-245-0059 and let's set up a time to grab a beer and/or discuss via phone.

Thanks,

Jim

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in joining. I attempted Denali this year, guided, but would love to do it next year unguided. I'm also a teacher so I'd be willing to start anytime starting late May.

Unfortunately I live out in rural Alaska so I probably won't be able to meet up for a beer but send me a message if you're still looking for another partner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm very interested in this!

I'm very solid in the Alpine as I have guided both in the Coastal ranges of Alaska and on Mt Shasta. I'm in Ecuador now to get some high altitude experience here and in Peru.

I also have access to extensive industry discounts for all of the gear we would need so that will help offset the costs considerably.

Feel free to reach out to me and we can get a discussion going.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...