Another arrest leading to death

glassgowkiss

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it was an episode of Portlandia or the local news this evening as the fake superheroes were getting into a fight with the protesters. Too funny.

I'm watching with rapt attention as the disgruntled white suburbanites are getting ready to rally!

there's something to be said for traditions?

45 years ago today the same citizens of the same town were burning the joint down to protest nixon's invasion of cambodia - i'm willing to bet the same good people will have a hair up their ass 45 years hence :)

I did like wimpy anarchy guy trying to break the window with the traffic sign and totally failing. If you're going to be a rioter you should at least be good at breaking windows. Maybe at subsequent riots he could be the sign making guy or something and let the others do the window breaking.

And I definitely don't understand vandalizing the Komo 4 news car. Were they like, "Take that Steve Pool!"

Nothing to report here in Fircrest. I think Tacoma is quiet too. Great fireworks show at Cheney Stadium tonight. Any trouble in Leavenworth? I hear the Chumstick Anarchists might be planning something BIG. :)

Just when I thought everything was clear over here we had a few anarchists dressed up as bears get in the garbage last night. Or maybe it was anarchist bears. They were wearing all black and creating mayhem.

I think it's safe to say, that the entire policing and legal system are utterly broken.

Remind me, when I don't pay the insurance tax (ACA) that you voted for, who does the government send to force me?

It seems like you're saying you don't like the police and legal system but you keep voting to give the government more power. How exactly do you think the government enforces the new power you keep voting for? Meanwhile, guns are bad (mmmmkay) and you think citizens shouldn't have them.

I think it's safe to say, that the entire policing and legal system are utterly broken.

Remind me, when I don't pay the insurance tax (ACA) that you voted for, who does the government send to force me?

It seems like you're saying you don't like the police and legal system but you keep voting to give the government more power. How exactly do you think the government enforces the new power you keep voting for? Meanwhile, guns are bad (mmmmkay) and you think citizens shouldn't have them.

Hey, assholekisser, here's another arrest leading to death:

click here, aak

Not commenting about any presumed innocence or guilt here, but it looks kind of fucked up there, to see and hear the police arguably torturing and interrogating the suspect at once on CNN video.

And they don't even have him off camera yet.

has it "become" the norm, or is rather more now that the norm is suffering greater circumspection? :)

A decade ago, I had to take a mandatory LE class called Tactical Communications in Critical Incidents for my CJ degree, due to the then-"rash" of cop-on-citizen deaths.

Nope... this shit's been going on forever. Is it getting worse? No.. it's actually probably getting a little better... but coverage and attention are skyrocketing. Just like violent crime rates - perception of increase increases when media coverage increases, even if rates have actually plummeted.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem in LE. There is. I'm not a fan of the entire system. But let's be honest about shit.

has it "become" the norm, or is rather more now that the norm is suffering greater circumspection? :)

A decade ago, I had to take a mandatory LE class called Tactical Communications in Critical Incidents for my CJ degree, due to the then-"rash" of cop-on-citizen deaths.

Nope... this shit's been going on forever. Is it getting worse? No.. it's actually probably getting a little better... but coverage and attention are skyrocketing. Just like violent crime rates - perception of increase increases when media coverage increases, even if rates have actually plummeted.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem in LE. There is. I'm not a fan of the entire system. But let's be honest about shit.

i've assumed this - i figure waves of public-attention, for whatever reason they form, are critical to moving the ball down the field - afterall, southern cops probably weren't being any more crazy racist in the 1960s then they'd been in the 1920s, it's just the media decided to start caring in the 1960s - clearly that level of interest has waxed and waned, and not been even close to totally effective in solving the problem, but it must have been at least a little bit useful?

No, the difference is these cops are getting caught on cameras now. Kind of hard to argue your case, when footage shows a cop shooting someone in the back, while the suspect is running away and is unarmed. And the footage clearly shows that there are more then just a handful of bad cops- the whole system is basically fucked.