Another arrest leading to death

glassgowkiss

read

I think there is areal problem how police works, and what methods are used. These incidents are now a weekly norm. Police in these cases acts like thugs with badges. It starts with traffic and arrest quotas, because it establishes this type of culture. It looks to me police is becoming an extortion tool for cities and counties to extort cash out of ordinary folks. In the meantime these incidents will be on the rise.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably one place where libtards and conservatards agree. Police need to be demilitarized. Take away all their tactical looking shit. Black beanies, parachute cord rifle slings, dark sunglasses, cammo. (Why do they need cammo in an urban or suburban setting anyhow?) Take away their armored vehicles. Let them keep revolvers. Maybe shotguns too. With wood stocks. Bicycles are a plus. Good way to meet the folks you serve.

...extort cash out of ordinary folks.

Actually, they extort cash out of blacks, hispanics, and poor people. Middle class white people and rich folks get a free pass. Just look at Petreus getting probation for spilling national secrets to the chick he was banging. Different laws for different tiers of society. It's sickening.

Middle class white people and rich folks get a free pass.

Bullshit.

The proliferation of paramilitary federal SWAT teams inevitably brings abuses that have nothing to do with either drugs or terrorism. Many of the raids they conduct are against harmless, often innocent, Americans who typically are accused of non-violent civil or administrative violations.

. . . a SWAT team from the Food and Drug Administration raided the farm of Dan Allgyer of Lancaster, Pa. His crime was shipping unpasteurized milk across state lines to a cooperative of young women with children in Washington, D.C., called Grass Fed on the Hill. Raw milk can be sold in Pennsylvania, but it is illegal to transport it across state lines. The raid forced Allgyer to close down his business.

Being a middle class white who was some experience being thrown under the judicial bus (long story), I'd say it is the rich who typically get a free pass. That's not to say that being black in certain parts of country doesn't come without its larger challenges.

When you look at the statistics, there is a racial bias, but it doesn't mean overreach of police isn't effecting white lower and middle class as well. And this is the crux of the issue- we are diving this issue into categories, but it might effect everyone at some point. Like unjustifiable traffic fines. WTF is this crap, where 80% of the traffic fines are about speeding, while actual access speed causes only a small portion of actual motor vehicle collisions. Hence most of the traffic speeding citations are not about making roads safer, but it's about easy and indisputable in court revenue source for municipalities and counties. There are documented cases, where the cities or counties have over 20% of their revenue based upon traffic citations. That boils down to basic extortion by these entities, where cops are nothing but an "uncle Viny" with a badge. This establishes farther conduct of "acting with impunity", which basically leads at the end to crap like deaths upon arrest.

Tickets as a revenue source does make one wonder why municipalities need to make money that way. Do they not have enough revenue from other sources? Are they just greedy?

When I moved to Bellingham in 200, there were two parking enforcement officers, now there are 6. So the system has to pay for itself. I just had to pay a ticket in Sumas. It has population of 1300. Please explain, why Sumas has to have it's own Police, Court and a Prosecutor office? There are 6 cops! WTF? So you create this bureaucracy, and then you have an "uncle Viny" with a badge try to catch Canadians.

There are also revenue cuts. But having 6 cops, own court and a prosecutor's office I see as plain fucking ridiculous.

Tickets as a revenue source does make one wonder why municipalities need to make money that way. Do they not have enough revenue from other sources? Are they just greedy?

When I moved to Bellingham in 200, there were two parking enforcement officers, now there are 6. So the system has to pay for itself. I just had to pay a ticket in Sumas. It has population of 1300. Please explain, why Sumas has to have it's own Police, Court and a Prosecutor office? There are 6 cops! WTF? So you create this bureaucracy, and then you have an "uncle Viny" with a badge try to catch Canadians.

There are also revenue cuts. But having 6 cops, own court and a prosecutor's office I see as plain fucking ridiculous.

Most likely they could sniff an asshole a mile away. You should mask your stench.

Most likely they could sniff an asshole a mile away.

I am 100 100% sure you are talking from your own experience. You are one of those people cutting cheese in a crowded room, and asking who let the whiff out!

Federal tax cuts, trickle down effect, reduced municipal budgets. Tax cuts don't kill people, cops and lack of doctors kill people.

This is why we don't want our doctors to be owned and paid by bureaucrats. Down here.

The difference is that the government bureaucrats have to follow rules, while insurance company bureaucrats don't.

indeed, a bureaucrat is a bureaucrat

capitalism is a fine thing, and founded upon the concept of choice: why not have a public option so i can choose if a want a public or a private bureaucrat to decide if i live or die? one i can deny my vote, the other my dollar.

indeed, a bureaucrat is a bureaucrat

capitalism is a fine thing, and founded upon the concept of choice: why not have a public option so i can choose if a want a public or a private bureaucrat to decide if i live or die?

Capitalism, by its nature, chooses the latter. But the choice as I see it is similar, which is, "Who's gonna fuck me up the ass? The government? or the corporation?"

While the corporation can make sure I starve or die lacking coverage for that one last medical test, the government has the guns and prisons.